Musee Des Beaux-arts, Tours
About Musee Des Beaux-arts, Tours
Musee Des Beaux-arts, Tours - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 18 Place Francois Sicard, 37000 Tours, France
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Musee des Beaux-Arts is the museum of fine arts that is situated in the former palace of the Archbishop of Tours. Established in the year 1795, the museum is an art lover’s paradise and has a diverse variety of paintings and historical artefacts which include
- Medieval art
- Italian Primitive show works by Mantegna, Vivarini, Giovanni di Paolo, etc.
- French paintings until the nineteenth century by Champaigne, Claude Vignon, Monet, etc.
- Flemish and Dutch paintings of Rubens, Rembrandt and many others.
- Modern artworks by Maurice Denis and others.
- Sculptures by Houdon, Rodin, etc.
Although the museum is small, the architectural splendor of the palace is as striking as the gallery of paintings housed inside the museum. The ground floor of the museum has a room dedicated to the Tours art from the 15th and 16th centuries. After an extensive tour of the art gallery, you can then rest under the beautiful cedar of Lebanon in the courtyard of the museum and also see the stuffed elephant that is located in a separate structure in front of the museum.
Musee Des Beaux-arts Information
- If you are a museum lover and are staying in Tours for a longer duration of time, then you can buy a Multi-visit card for EUR 8 from any of the four museums in Tours which allows you to visit them any number of times for the duration of one year from the date of purchase.
- If you are not an art lover, you can also just take a stroll around the formal gardens of the Musee des Beaux Arts and see the famous Cedar of Lebanon without buying a ticket.
- For a thoroughly interesting visit, you can ask the employees of the museum to give you a guided tour.
Musee Des Beaux-arts Ticket Prices
- Youth 12 to 18 years
- Students on presentation of their ID cards
- Faculty members
- Beneficiaries of the allowance for disabled adults.
- Accompanying adults with disabilities
- Groups of 10 or more.
- People over 65 years
- Person presenting the Rough Guide
- Visitors under the Charter Culture for All
- Children under 12 years
- Teaching in groups accompanied by their teachers (nursery, primary, secondary schools, CFA).
- Students of the Schools of Fine Arts, students in History of Art, students of the Ecole du Louvre.
- Students holders PCE (Student Cultural Passport)
- Job Seekers
- Allocataire RSA
- Persons enrolled in school in the 2nd chance.
- Member of the Association of Friends of the Library and the Museum of Beaux Arts.
- Culture Member of the Association of the Heart
- Members of the press
- Tourism guides employed by local authorities.
- Holders of the card "Pass Pro Tourism"
- Escorts and drivers of groups and tour operators
- Bearers of the card "Welcome Home Leisure Indre-et-Loire"
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM)
- Members of the International Council on Monuments and Sites, members of the General Association of Curators of Public Collections of France.
- Municipal Elected
- Member of the COS of the city of Tours and Tours +
How To reach Musee Des Beaux-arts by Public Transport
- The Tours railway station is at a mere distance of 400 metres away from the museum.
Restaurants Near Musee Des Beaux-arts
- Cap Sud
- Cuisine et Gourmandises
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee Des Beaux-arts, Tours Reviews - Write a Review
A nice museum to visit, cheap (or even free on the first Sunday of the month) and not too long. The parc is also a nice place to have a walk.
Beautiful museum. Nice gardens too
Nice museum. Worth visiting if you are around the Tours area !
Beautiful gardens to walk around and enjoy.
Good to visit.
- Nearby Attractions
- Musee Du Gemmail
- Tour Charlemagne
- 78 Rue Bernard Palissy
- Hôtel Mondial
- Suites Béranger
- 20 Avenue Duquesne
- Studio Quartier Latin
- Château De Tours
- Gare De Tours
- Tours Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Tours
- What to See in 48 Hours in Tours
- What to See in 72 Hours in Tours
- How to Spend 5 Days in Tours
- How to Spend 6 Days in Tours
- How to Spend 7 Days in Tours