Office De Tourisme De ToursCurrently Closed
- Address: 78-82 rue Bernard Palissy, 37042 Tours, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-247703737
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Valley, Train Ride
Located right beside the Gare de Tours train station, the Office de Tourisme de Tours (the Tourist Information Office) is the best place for tourists to plan their way around anywhere in the Loire Valley. The office is excellently staffed with friendly, helpful and most importantly, English speaking assistants who can guide you to the tourist attractions in and around the city. They are associated with many professional tour agencies who offer a variety of tours around the city and which can be customized according to your preferences.
To avail the best of the facilities, it is advised to log on to the website of the Office de Tourisme de Tours beforehand and check out the tours offered. The best guides are provided by the Office who conduct tours in small groups and provide detailed descriptions of the tourist attractions along with supplying portable DVD players to watch and hear short videos and audio clips about the various places of interest. The Office also provides a number of brochures and maps of the area along with giving out general information as well as about hotel bookings. You can also buy some nice trinkets as souvenirs from the gift shop located in the premises.
- It is best to reserve one to two full days while touring around the Loire Valley as the chateaux themselves are quite overwhelming and may require a longer period of time to explore properly.
- The tours conducted by the Office de Tourisme de Tours may not always follow the itinerary as the roads leading up to the castles are quite narrow and busy with traffic.
- The ticket prices for the guided tours are charged as per the tours preferred by the visitors with separate prices for adults and children.
The railway station at Gare De Tours currently has the following intercity services:
- Nantes - Tours - Bourges - Lyon
- Caen - Alencon - Le Mans – Tours
- Paris - Orleans - Blois - Tours
- La Maison Berbere
- Chez Hardouin
- Le Chien Jaune
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.22% of people who visit Tours include Office De Tourisme De Tours in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
75.47% of people start their Office De Tourisme De Tours visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Office De Tourisme De Tours
69.01% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Office De Tourisme De Tours
Our guide Veronique was marvelous, considerate, knowledgeable and drove like Mario Andretti
Very helpful staff, they were able to easily direct me to the Loire cycle route. It's also close to the beautiful cathedral.
Very helpful, knew exactly what we wanted and gave us good advice
Great information that I read through! But the girls at the desk didn't acknowledge me at all. I worked in tourism for 2 years and would always say hello to a visitor and try to make them feel welcome. I didn't get this kind of treatment from the tourist office in Tours.
Very helpful over the phone from england.