Place Plumereau, Tours
About Place Plumereau, Tours
Place Plumereau, Tours - Address, Phone Number
Address: Place Plumereau, 37000 Tours, France
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 474 times in trip plans
Tour, Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Restaurant, Leisure, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Place Plumereau (also called Place Plum) is a public square located in the central district of Old Tours. The place dates back to the 15th century and is named after the late Councillor of Tours, Charles Plumereau, who donated 3000 francs to the city. Major highlights of the square include:
- Several cafes, restaurants and bars around for people to relax, have a drink, enjoy their meals or just people-watch.
- Surrounded by half-timbered houses and mansions from the 15th century along with numerous Renaissance and Romanesque facades.
- A great place for absorbing the culture and life of Tours where you can have friendly conversations with residents, students as well as tourists.
Place Plumereau is an excellent place for photographers with its surroundings like picture-postcards and festive ambience. This beautiful pedestrian square is one of the busiest places in Tours and always has some form of entertainment going on, be it day or night.
Formerly known as the ‘Carroi aux Chapeaux’, this place was renovated during the 19th century and you can know more about the restoration work through the tour guides. You can also hop into the ‘little tourist train’ that departs from here for regular tours around the city.
Place Plumereau Information
- Being close to the Faculty of Letters, this public square is full of students and tourists alike and can be quite crowded most of the times.
- You can find plenty of places to sit in the square as most of the restaurants and cafes set up chairs on the streets as well as on the terraces on beautiful sunny days and even in the heart of winter.
Restaurants Near Place Plumereau
- La Bigouden
- Irish Company
- Le Cafe Marcel
- Cafe du Vieux Murier
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.
Place Plumereau, Tours Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Suites Béranger
- 20 Avenue Duquesne
- Studio Quartier Latin
- Gare De Tours
- Château De Tours
- Mamie Bigoude Tours Centre
- Le G.I
- Eglise Saint-jean
- Eglise Saint-julien
- Tours Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Tours
- What to See in 48 Hours in Tours
- What to See in 72 Hours in Tours
- How to Spend 5 Days in Tours
- How to Spend 6 Days in Tours
- How to Spend 7 Days in Tours