Rue NationaleCurrently Open
- Address: Tours, France 37000
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Market, Square, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
Rue Nationale - Review
Spread over a length of 700 meters, the Rue Nationale is the oldest and one of the most crowded and bustling shopping streets in Tours. Formerly known as Rue Royale, the Rue Nationale is situated at the centre of the city and passes from the Boulevard Heurteloup to the Andre Malraux Avenue near the River Loire. The major highlights of the street are:
- Constructed in the 15th century, it was recently rebuilt after the WWII and is now thriving.
- Lined with high end retail outlets and trendy fashion boutiques
- Serves for a great shopping as well as window shopping experience.
- Extravaganza for those interested in people watching as multitudes of locals and tourists mingle here together.
- Ride the tram running down the middle of the street by boarding it at the start of the avenue and getting down at the end.
- Extremely clean street and is lined with a number of eating places.
Rue Nationale Information
- Avoid visiting this place during the weekends as it is way too crowded with tourists and shopping enthusiasts.
- Since the Rue Nationale passes through the centre of the city, many of the major attractions of Tours are near to this street and can be easily accessed through here.
How To reach Rue Nationale by Public Transport
- The tram runs down the centre of the Rue Nationale like a mini metro and is an extremely efficient means of public transport that can take to different places around the city of Tours.
Restaurants Near Rue Nationale
- Tarte Julie
- Au Pain du Petrin
- Xin Li
- Les Negociants
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tours before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tours and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Rue Nationale
95% of people who visit Tours include Rue Nationale in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
35.18% of people start their Rue Nationale visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Rue Nationale
76.51% of people prefer walking in order to reach Rue Nationale
Rue Nationale Trips
1 View23 Days 22 Nights23 Day Trip to France, Italy, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany from WacoBy: Guest UserCity: London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Florence, Venice, Tours, Paris