Boztepe, Trabzon - Address
Address: Boztepe, Turkey
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 8.9K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Boztepe, Trabzon
Also known as Mt. Minthrion, Boztepe is a hill near the city from where you get a fantastic view of the sunset. The Degirmendere Valley lies on the west of this hill and the hill is majorly covered by the Kaymakli Quarter.
There are 4 holy fountains on the hill:
- St. John the Sanctifier: This one is near the summit and is also the spot for a mosque that was a former 19th century church. It later gave way to a sanctuary to the Mithras which is also believed to be the source of the name ‘Minthrion’.
- The one of the Kaymakali Monastery is also known as the Milk Fountain.
- The Skylolimne is a dry lake now.
- The Dragon’s Fountain: It gets its name from a tale which tells the story of a dragon which was killed at this site.
- It is a perfect picnic spot.
How To reach Boztepe by Public Transport
- Take any bus from town going to Boztepe.Dolmuses run from near the southeastern end of Ataturk Alan. Or you could drive.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trabzon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trabzon and book an accommodation of your choice.