Kaymakli MonasteryCurrently Open
- Address: Kaymakli Mh. 61100 Trabzon, Turkey
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Monastery
This is a ruined Armenian- Apostolic monastery near the city and the Boztepe hill. It was built in the 15th century and original included a church, a bell tower and a chapel. This church is built on top of the hill and overlooks the beautiful Degirmendere Valley and the river that flows here.
The original church had 3 naves and apses out of which the main apse was a lovely pentagonal shape. The monastery bears evidence of the Armenian community that existed in this region mainly during the 7th century AD. It is said that a fire broke out and thus ruined this monastery completely.
- Please enquire before your visit.
- A very steep path and hundreds of steps makes it unsuitable for people with mobility or breathing problems.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Take the Cukurcayirdolmus for downtown Trabzon; get off at ManastirCaddesi; follow the walls and then the railings for about 1.2 km to get to the monastery.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trabzon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trabzon and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Trabzon include Kaymakli Monastery in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
50.66% of people start their Kaymakli Monastery visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kaymakli Monastery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kaymakli Monastery
There is no monastery here! Expect driving up a mountain. The scenic view is not bf so 2 stars for that.
This is not the monastery. Kaymaklı Manastırı değil.
Esnaf içinde bir cami. Hocası fazla kaptırıyor kendini vaaza :) neden üç yıldız verdiğimi cuma namazına giderseniz anlarsınız..