Are you looking for what to do in Trabzon?
PLACES TO SEE
- Hagia Sophia: A magnificent Byzantine church, probably the most significant place to see in the city of Trabzon.
- Ataturk Kosku: A villa built by a local Greek merchant in 1890, which now serves as a memory to the founder and the First president of the country.
- Trabzon Castle: The city’s castle which is now mostly in ruins and is a part of the military base.
- Sumela Monastery: Another significant sightseeing place is the ancient SumelaMonastery which is located in the Trabzon province, about 50 kilometres towards the south of the city. Travel guides are also available to give a detailed tour of the monastery.
- Trabzon Museum: A museum housing an impressive collection from the Byzantine period.
- Trabzon's Bazaar District: The city’s famous market area offering a wide range of shopping options.
- Hidirnebi Plateau(HidirnebiYaylasi): A picturesque natural beauty at an altitude of 1200 metres, about 30-40 kms drive from Trabzon. Vehicles with tour guides are available to visit the place. Add this place to your itineraries while on a visit to Trabzon.
If you have any queries relating to your trip planners and the information about the city, visit the tourist information centre located on the Ataturk Alani square.
Below we have a list of things to do in Trabzon and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Trabzon getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Trabzon with confidence.