Trabzon MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Gazipasa, 61030 Trabzon Merkez/Trabzon, Turkey
- Timings: 09:15 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Phone: +90-4623223822
- Ticket Price: 3 TRY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Trabzon Museum - Review
Also known as the Kostaki Mansion, it is a typical house museum that mainly conserves archeological and ethnographic exhibits. This place was used as the Turkish headquarters during the war. Before that it was built in the 20th century for a wealthy Greek banker named KostakiTeophylaktos and was later taken away from him as he went bankrupt.
The main features of the museum are:
- Archeological Section: This part has a collection of old coins and other objects made with marble, basalt, ceramic, metal and glass from the Bronze Age and Classic Age.
- The ground floor stores the history of architecture and changes to the mansion in chronological manner. This part is made in the Baroque style.
- The Ethnographic Section: this part displays he characteristic features of the museum. There you also see many Islamic works and items from the 13th century when the Ottomans reigned over this region.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trabzon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trabzon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Trabzon Museum
95% of people who visit Trabzon include Trabzon Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
64.36% of people start their Trabzon Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Trabzon Museum
79.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Trabzon Museum
Trabzon Museum Trips
Trabzon Museum , Trabzon Reviews
Good place to spend time you will see alot of brides around..and the backyard is amazing
A place with lot of information about Trabzon and its culture. Information is written in Turkish which makes it difficult to read but everything is presented so well that you understand the cultural emblems.
I think it is a very nice piece located in the center of izbisar in the center of trabzon, That's a little patience
The museum is closed for renovations. I don’t understand why that was not advertised on their website or by the many travel agents we talked to.
Worth a visit. A lot to learn. Nice place