How to Reach Tralee, Ireland
The Easiest Way to Reach Tralee
- By Air: Kerry Airport is the closest airport (20 kilometres from Tralee). Flight are available to and from Dublin, London Luton, London Stansted, Frankfurt-Hahn and seasonally to Alicante and Faro. Connecting trains run from Farranfore railway station to Tralee.
- By Train: Tralee Railway station is operating since 1859 and a train service to Killarney railway station, Cork and Dublin Heuston is operated by the national railway operator Iarnrod Eireann. There are connecting trains at Limerick Junction for Clonmel railway station and Waterford as well as Limerick, following a route to to Ennis, Athenry, Oranmore and Galway. Train to Tralee is often preferred by tourists as they are priced low, reliable and safe.
- By Sea: The local port of Tralee is called Fent and is located about 10 kms west of the town on the north side of the estuary. The port serves to ships and vessels of 17,000 tonnes and is also used for fishing.
- By Road: A byway to Tralee connects four of five of Ireland’s National Routes NH21, NH22, NH69 and NH70. Inter-city cabs are available from neighbouring counties although railways are more preferred.
- By Bus: The Bus Eireann expressway connects all the major cities in Ireland including Tralee. The bus station in Tralee is a regional hub for Bus Eireann, providing services to Dublin, Limerick, Galway, Cork, Killarney and Dingle.
- By Bus: Tralee is well connected with local routes include: 13 (Limerick via Listowel), 40 (Cork via Killarney), 272 (Tarbert via Ballybunion), 274 (Ballyduff viaBallyheigue), 275 (Dingle), 279 (Killorglin) and 285 (Kerry Airport via Castle island).
- By Train: The Tralee railway station located at Camp Junctions has good frequency is often used by visitors to travel to the outskirts of the town.
- By Car: Car rentals are available for individuals with International Driver’s License. Rentals are preferred to explore the town and its outskirts.
- By Bicycle/Bike: Tralee is best explored on a bicycle. Tourists love to take rides around the town in the evening.
Are you looking for a Tralee travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Tralee
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Tralee. The most preferred mode of transport in Tralee is Car.
Average distance: 41 km Average time: 37.5 min
Car 100%Driving 37.5 min Overall average time for 41 kms 37.5 min
How to Reach Tralee from Nearby Cities
|Cork to Tralee||118.96 km||1 hour 55 mins|
|Dublin to Tralee||261.12 km||1 hour 55 mins|
- How to reach Dingle
- How to reach Limerick
- How to reach Cork
- How to reach Kilkenny
- How to reach Westport
- How to reach Waterford
- How to reach Dublin
- How to reach Wexford
- How to reach Donegal
- How to reach Killarney
- How to reach Galway
- How to reach Adare
- How to reach Drumree
- How to reach Borrisoleigh
- How to reach Ballsbridge
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach London
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach Miami