One of the highlights of Kerry County, the Kerry County Museum is a vivid collection of the best of Ireland’s history. Located on the Denny Street, the highlights include:
- Main Gallery: Consist of archaeological artefacts and tools, life-sized diorama and informative panels that tell the story of Kerry’s people from early times up until the 20th century. The Lissroe Bronze Horn, Cloghermore collection and the copy of 1916 proclamation are a treat for every history-lover.
- Special Exhibition: Covering a span from 1950 to 1973, the exhibition consists of Black and White photographs taken by the husband-wife team Padraig and Joan Kennelly. The images focus on social history of Ireland.
- Tom Crean Room: Tom Crean is an Ireland hero who served on 2 Antarctic expeditions in the early 1900s. Know the story of his and his team’s survival in some of the most challenging places to survive. A sledging tool-kit, penguin egg from the 1911 expedition and a plum pudding ration bag provide the exhibit an intimate touch.
- Archaeological Hall: Consists of archaeological evidences from Tralee’s Dominican Priory along with ancient tools, spade work and laboratory experiments. The hall bears fragments of a knight’s tomb, evidence of a 500 year old murder and a medieval mason’s mark.
- Medieval Experience: A walk through the exhibition gives visitors a walk through 1450 AD Tralee. Experience what people of that time wore ate and also why the Earls of Desmond destroyed the very town they built.
- Temporary Exhibitions: The museum offers space for temporary exhibitions like quilt art, featured artists and other Ireland’s highlights from time to time to keep up with the changing trends in Ireland.
The museum is a perfect stew of all the things that Kerry County stands for and takes pride in.
Kerry County Museum Travel Tips
- Children must be accompanied by at least 1 adult. Group prices are not applicable to children. They will be included in family ticketing prices.
- Bank holiday weekends, Sunday and Monday, 10 am to 5 pm.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kerry County Museum
- Adult / Senior / Student €5.00
- Child free entry (accompanied by an adult)
- Family €10.00 (2 adults, 3 children)
How to Reach Kerry County Museum
- Bus: Tralee Bus Station
- Rose Travel
- Train: Tralee Train Station
- Finnegan's Restaurant & Wine Cellar
- DB's at Denny Lane Bistro
- Four Star Pizza Tralee
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tralee before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tralee and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.39% of people who visit Tralee include Kerry County Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
36.99% of people start their Kerry County Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kerry County Museum
66.13% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kerry County Museum