Kerry County Museum, Tralee
Kerry County Museum, Tralee - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Tralee Tourist Information Office, Ashe Memorial Hall, Sráid Deini, Trá Lí, Co. Ciarraí, Ireland
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 3.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kerry County Museum, Tralee
One of the highlights of Kerry County, the Kerry County Museum is a vivid collection of the best of Ireland’s history. Located on the Denny Street, the highlights include:
- Main Gallery: Consist of archaeological artefacts and tools, life-sized diorama and informative panels that tell the story of Kerry’s people from early times up until the 20th century. The Lissroe Bronze Horn, Cloghermore collection and the copy of 1916 proclamation are a treat for every history-lover.
- Special Exhibition: Covering a span from 1950 to 1973, the exhibition consists of Black and White photographs taken by the husband-wife team Padraig and Joan Kennelly. The images focus on social history of Ireland.
- Tom Crean Room: Tom Crean is an Ireland hero who served on 2 Antarctic expeditions in the early 1900s. Know the story of his and his team’s survival in some of the most challenging places to survive. A sledging tool-kit, penguin egg from the 1911 expedition and a plum pudding ration bag provide the exhibit an intimate touch.
- Archaeological Hall: Consists of archaeological evidences from Tralee’s Dominican Priory along with ancient tools, spade work and laboratory experiments. The hall bears fragments of a knight’s tomb, evidence of a 500 year old murder and a medieval mason’s mark.
- Medieval Experience: A walk through the exhibition gives visitors a walk through 1450 AD Tralee. Experience what people of that time wore ate and also why the Earls of Desmond destroyed the very town they built.
- Temporary Exhibitions: The museum offers space for temporary exhibitions like quilt art, featured artists and other Ireland’s highlights from time to time to keep up with the changing trends in Ireland.
The museum is a perfect stew of all the things that Kerry County stands for and takes pride in.
Kerry County Museum Information
- Children must be accompanied by at least 1 adult. Group prices are not applicable to children. They will be included in family ticketing prices.
- Bank holiday weekends, Sunday and Monday, 10 am to 5 pm.
Kerry County Museum Ticket Prices
- Adult / Senior / Student €5.00
- Child free entry (accompanied by an adult)
- Family €10.00 (2 adults, 3 children)
How To reach Kerry County Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: Tralee Bus Station
- Rose Travel
- Train: Tralee Train Station
Restaurants Near Kerry County Museum
- Finnegan's Restaurant & Wine Cellar
- DB's at Denny Lane Bistro
- Four Star Pizza Tralee
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tralee before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tralee and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kerry County Museum, Tralee Reviews - Write a Review
Brilliant. Had really interesting information and something for each member of the group so all were happy. Staff were friendly and it was well kept, would visit again definitely.
Went to the haunted hall on Halloween, brilliant (scary) fun.
Excellent displays detailing local history. Great Roger Casement display. Kid's activities are very good too.
Great place to visit with the kids and really reasonable
A century of history. Nice place. Lot of thing to learn
- Nearby Attractions
- Ballyseede Castle Hotel