Rattoo Round Tower118 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ballyduff, Tralee, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +35-3667121288
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture , Monastery , Heritage Building
Built around 1100, the Rattoo Round Tower is round tower near a monastery at Ballyduff. Round Tower have a characteristic appeal to Ireland and are known for their unique and effective construction. The Monastery was founded by Bishop Lughach, one of the first Christians to evangelise Kerry County. Tourists love to visit the place due to its unique ‘dry-stone’ construction that is still standing strong.
Highlights include, taking a walk along the monastery ruins around the tower.
Rattoo Round Tower Travel Tips
- Do notice the dry stone construction of the tower.
- Carry your own snacks as there are no nearby cafes available here.
- The spot is perfect for taking old-world photographs.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tralee before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tralee and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.85% of people who visit Tralee include Rattoo Round Tower in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
65.71% of people start their Rattoo Round Tower visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Rattoo Round Tower
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rattoo Round Tower