Siamsa Tire, Tralee
About Siamsa Tire, Tralee
Siamsa Tire, Tralee - Address, Phone Number
Address: Town Park, Denny Street, Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 5.6K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
In 1957, a young curator Fr Pat Ahern was sent to Kerry to establish a choir at St.John’s Chruch in Tralee. The choir received tremendous admirors and soon the Friar decided to explore more opportunities. They called themselves Siamsóirí na Ríochta.
The choir preserved some of the folk music and dance like ‘Munnix’ which would have disappeared otherwise. This was noted as one of the pivotal roles of the choir which resulted in the formation of the Siamsa Theatre.
The name ‘Siamsa’ is pronounced as ‘Shee-am-sa’ which means mirth and music, while ‘tire’ means ‘land’. Officially opened in 1991, the centre is a combined effort of Pat Ahern, Martin Whelan and architect Patrick O’Sullivan.
Today the Siamsa Tire stands strong while still functioning to offer platforms for artists from all over Ireland. The ‘Festival of Folk’ held annually is a major attraction here.
Tourists love to catch a show here to have an intimate experience with the art culture in Tralee.
Siamsa Tire Information
- Book the tickets only on the official site.
- Tickets once books cannot be exchanged or refunded. Refunds are made only for show cancellations.
- Arrive on time as latecomers are not admitted inside until there is a break in the performance.
- Wheelchair spaces are available on request during booking.
- Photography and/or Video Recording are not permitted during performances.
Siamsa Tire Ticket Prices
- Ticketing process will vary widely as per the show you watch.
- Do visit the official website to choose a show and know its ticket prices.
How To reach Siamsa Tire by Public Transport
- Bus: Tralee Bus Station
- Rose Travel
- Train: Tralee Train Station
Restaurants Near Siamsa Tire
- Il Pomo Doro Tralee Restaurant
- Four Star Pizza Tralee
- Finnegan's Restaurant & Wine Cellar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tralee before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tralee and book an accommodation of your choice.
Siamsa Tire, Tralee Reviews - Write a Review
Excellent venue, diverse programme, this is one of our favourite venues in Kerry. Pity it is not better supported, it certainly deserves to be!
Fabulous place! Very pleased with the performance. Nice singing and dancing. Please, read brochure provide (if you do not speak Gaelic) as performances are in Irish.
Went to see TMS 'All Shook Up'..fantastic show..fantastic venue..top class..
This is such an integral part of Irish, specifically Tralee history that it is a crime to miss this. An absolutely must see. Great place
As a creative thinker, i know this multi idea facility is Vital in the expression of Irish Culture