Are you looking for what to do in Tralee?
PLACES TO SEE
Ireland tourist attractions, in general, are some of the most interesting places to see in the world and Tralee in County Kerry is no exception. The following attractions top every traveller’s ‘Things to see in Tralee’ list.
- Kerry County Museum: The Kerry County museum is one of Ireland’s gems known to showcase artefacts from the history of Kerry County including sunflower pins worn from the Bronze Age and duelling pistols used by Daniel O'Connell in the 19th century. The museum also showcases 'Kerry: The Kingdom' and an exhibit which depicts life in medieval Geraldine (from the FitzGerald family) Tralee in 1450.The museum is every history-lover’s favourite attraction in the town and is one of the best of Tralee Museums.
- Siamsa Tire: One of the premier theatres in Ireland, the Siamsa Tire is a National Folk Theatre. Built in 1991, the Tire is an arts centre for contemporary art, dance, music and literature. ‘Siamsa’ itself stands for music and merriment and the theatre functions tills this day to give a platform for artists all over Ireland. Catch a show here to know more about Ireland’s art & culture.
- Banna Strand: Located at Tralee Bay and extends from Ballyheigue Beach at the Blackrock in the North to Barrow Beach at its southern edge, Banna Strand is known for its sand dunes which cover its length and can reach a height of 12 metres. A beautiful spot to spend a day at, the beach is one of the most visited places in Tralee.
- St John’s Church: Located off the town park, St John’s Church is an architectural and design marvel in its own right. Tourists love to walk around the church and light candles inside while admiring the magnanimous Victorian architecture.
- Aquadome: A must-visit for families and friends, Aqaudome is a watersports centre with enjoyable rides and good food. The in-house sauna and steam room add to a relaxing experience while water-rides keep kids entertained.
- Wild Kerry Day Tours: A must-try for ever Ireland visitor, the Wild Kerry Day Tours by O’Connor offer The Ring of Kerry Tour which is a star attraction. Take a day trip around the ring to explore the best of Tralee, Kerry in a limited time.
THINGS TO DO
Tralee has a buzzing nightlife and club culture. Most of the town centre if flooded with pubs, bars and clubs. Live music is not rare to find and a couple of drinks with good music makes-up for an amazing experience.
- Baily’s Corner: One of most visited places pubs in Tralee, the spot is guaranteed to give you memorable moments while enjoying your favourite drinks and dancing to good music. Visit the place for trying out the best bar food in town.
- Sean Ogs: Known more for its huge liquor variety, the place does offer Irish fiddle music with decent food options.
- Horans: Located at the Horan Centre, the pub is famous for its dance events. Drop by at the club with friends to groove to good electronic music.
- Roundy’s: A local favourite, the spot is known to have innumerable DJ nights playing old school funk and calibre live-band music.
Below we have a list of things to do in Tralee and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Tralee getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Tralee with confidence.