Church Of Our Lady
About Church Of Our Lady, Trier
This Church was built in the 13th century and is the oldest Gothic church in Germany. Separated from Trier Cathedral by a narrow passageway, the church is seen as a foil to its older Romanesque neighbour. The features of this Church are:
- Its floor-plan which resembles a twelve-petaled rose which is further a symbol of Virgin Mary.
- You can see twelve supporting columns which carry the paintings of apostles and twelve articles of Apostle’s creed from one spot which is marked by a black stone.
- High windows which allow natural light to enter in.
- Tomb of a local nobleman, Karl Von Matternich(1636), in the northeast chapel.
- You can also look at beautiful cloisters with sculptures and tombs behind the church.
How To Get To Church Of Our Lady by Public Transport
- Nearest bus stop: Trier Treveris
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trier and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Church Of Our Lady Tickets And Tours
Discover Trier, one of Germanyâs oldest cities, at your leisure on a City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour. As you explore the city by open-top double-decker bus, put together your own day of sightseeing and visit the places that interest you most. Hear about standout sights from the audio commentary, and pay visits to Konstantin Basilika, Karl Marx Haus and Trier Roman Amphitheater among other attractions. The tour ticket is valid for 24 hours from first use.
Trier is home to many old monuments and buildings and boasts a unique history in picturesque surroundings. It is also the birthplace of the influential philosopher and revolutionary Karl Marx. On this engrossing tour, you will be exploring all the top destinations and attractions in the city including places such as the Karl-Marx-Haus, the Porta Nigra and the Barbarathermen.
Make your way to the small wine village of Kesten for an eBike rental (from 8am-8pm) and bike through the near romantic Bernkastel-Kues in the Moselle wine region. You can e-bike along the Moselle river with a lot of slopes or ride easily uphill because of the e-support.
Share your experience - Rate Church Of Our Lady, Trier
Was that 2 churches or 1 huge connected church? It turned out to be both. A close look at the floor plan also revealed that there were 12 supporting pillars, and I noticed that each of them had an apostle as well as an article of the Apostle's Creed painted on. All of these pillars and the paintings were completely visible only from one spot, marked by a black stone. I only realized later that the church grounds included beautiful cloisters situated behind the building, which I totally missed during my visit. What a waste...
Pretty nice church, nice addition to a Dom Trier visit.
Beautiful building! Worth a visit!!!
A place full of history. If you find a guide ask him whatever you want. They are very helpful
Historical church, it should be a nice stop for a minute or so to enter and to visit its peaceful inner garden just in the middle of the effervescent town centre.
- Nearby Attractions
- Mosel River
- Roman Temple District, Tawern
- Church Of St. Gangolf
- St. Paulinus' Church
- Kornmarkt Square
- St. Mary's Column
- House Of The Three Magi
- Jews' Alley
- ' The Devil In Trier ' Performance At Franco's Tower
- Hotels Near Church Of Our Lady
- Hotels Near Church Of Our Lady
- 5 Star Hotels Near Church Of Our Lady
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Church Of Our Lady
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Church Of Our Lady
- Budget Hotels Near Church Of Our Lady
- Cheap Hotels Near Church Of Our Lady
- Luxury Hotels Near Church Of Our Lady
- Trier Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Trier
- 2 Days in Trier
- 3 Days in Trier
- 4 Days in Trier
- 5 Days in Trier
- 6 Days in Trier
- 7 Days in Trier