Church Of Our Lady, Trier
Church Of Our Lady, Trier - Address, Phone Number
Address: Liebfrauenstraße 2, 54290 Trier, Germany
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 3.6K times in trip plans
Church, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Church Of Our Lady, Trier
This Church was built in the 13th century and is the oldest Gothic church in Germany. Separated from Trier Cathedral by a narrow passageway, the church is seen as a foil to its older Romanesque neighbour. The features of this Church are:
- Its floor-plan which resembles a twelve-petaled rose which is further a symbol of Virgin Mary.
- You can see twelve supporting columns which carry the paintings of apostles and twelve articles of Apostle’s creed from one spot which is marked by a black stone.
- High windows which allow natural light to enter in.
- Tomb of a local nobleman, Karl Von Matternich(1636), in the northeast chapel.
- You can also look at beautiful cloisters with sculptures and tombs behind the church.
How To reach Church Of Our Lady by Public Transport
- Nearest bus stop: Trier Treveris
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trier and book an accommodation of your choice.
Church Of Our Lady, Trier Reviews - Write a Review
Was that 2 churches or 1 huge connected church? It turned out to be both. A close look at the floor plan also revealed that there were 12 supporting pillars, and I noticed that each of them had an apostle as well as an article of the Apostle's Creed painted on. All of these pillars and the paintings were completely visible only from one spot, marked by a black stone. I only realized later that the church grounds included beautiful cloisters situated behind the building, which I totally missed during my visit. What a waste...
Pretty nice church, nice addition to a Dom Trier visit.
Beautiful building! Worth a visit!!!
A place full of history. If you find a guide ask him whatever you want. They are very helpful
Historical church, it should be a nice stop for a minute or so to enter and to visit its peaceful inner garden just in the middle of the effervescent town centre.