Eltz Castle764 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Burg-Eltz-Strabe 1, 56294 Munstermaifeld, Germany, Trier
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2672950500
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Family And Kids
This German castle looks as if it has been etched out of a fairy-tale book. Located in the deep forests, the castle stands impressive with its medieval structure. Surrounded by Elzbach River, the castle is situated against the picturesque backdrop of Eltz forest. The structure today is privately owned by the heirs of Eltz family which has kept it for more than 800 years. In order to see the interior of the castle, you will have to take a 45 minutes guided tour which will introduce you to its:
- 80 different rooms
- Banqueting chambers
- Flemish tapestries
- A Chapel
- You can also have a look at the castle’s treasury which consists of gold, silver and porcelain artefacts and the armoury of weapons.
- The tour shall end with taking you into a dark and cool medieval kitchen.
Eltz Castle Travel Tips
- The public can visit the castle only between April and October.
Entrance Ticket Details For Eltz Castle
- Adults in a group of more than 20 people: each €8.00
- Students and disabled visitors: € 6.00
- Family Ticket (2 adults, 2 children): € 26.00
How to Reach Eltz Castle
- Routes accessible for buses from the Mosel Road B 416 to Eltz Castle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trier and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Trier include Eltz Castle in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
70.89% of people start their Eltz Castle visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Eltz Castle
93.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eltz Castle