Roman Imperial Baths
About Roman Imperial Baths, Trier
These remains of the Roman public bath complex (4th century AD) take you back into the Roman era. Considered to be one of the most impressive and largest baths outside Rome, the Imperial Baths were used to bathe, sport, swim and get a massage. As you enter the ruins today, you shall see:
- Hot water bath.
- Four visible boiler rooms out of the original six.
- Underground service tunnels.
- Remains of walls and subterranean passages.
Roman Imperial Baths Tickets Prices
- Adults in groups (10 or more persons): € 2.50
- Children and adolescents through age 17: € 2.00
- Children and adolescents through age 17 in groups: € 1.50
- Pensioners, unemployed, students (over age 18), severely disabled, military and civilian service: € 2.50
- Families (2 adults with a maximum of 4 children over age 6): € 6.00each additional child: € .50
How To Get To Roman Imperial Baths by Public Transport
- Nearest bus stop: Kaiserthermen
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trier and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Weber Bachstr 41, 54290 Trier, Germany
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 4K times in trip plans
Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Architecture
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Roman Imperial Baths Tickets And Tours
Discover Trier, one of Germanyâs oldest cities, at your leisure on a City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour. As you explore the city by open-top double-decker bus, put together your own day of sightseeing and visit the places that interest you most. Hear about standout sights from the audio commentary, and pay visits to Konstantin Basilika, Karl Marx Haus and Trier Roman Amphitheater among other attractions. The tour ticket is valid for 24 hours from first use.
Trier is home to many old monuments and buildings and boasts a unique history in picturesque surroundings. It is also the birthplace of the influential philosopher and revolutionary Karl Marx. On this engrossing tour, you will be exploring all the top destinations and attractions in the city including places such as the Karl-Marx-Haus, the Porta Nigra and the Barbarathermen.
Make your way to the small wine village of Kesten for an eBike rental (from 8am-8pm) and bike through the near romantic Bernkastel-Kues in the Moselle wine region. You can e-bike along the Moselle river with a lot of slopes or ride easily uphill because of the e-support.
Share your experience - Rate Roman Imperial Baths, Trier
Patchy information. Good leaflet; good brief interpretative film: poor signage except for a panel at the viewpoint. Pity half of the most impressive part was a half obscured by scaffolding. Good value for €4.
Fun to see this history. Good brosure in English which was nice. It is neat to walk through the tunnels and see how advanced the Romans were at that time.
The ruins of the Imperial Baths are really impressive. There is a little museum beside the site where you can get some information. Walking through the remains of walls and subterranean passages is though far more exciting. The whole area looks like a giant maze and takes some time to get discovered.
Beautiful place. Enjoyed the history and it made a very interesting lesson for the children.
Barbara Baths, located near the Moselle river, was larger than Imperial Baths but the latter was more photogenic in my opinion, winning my attention with its standing arches although I did not get close to the former to check if there were other interesting visible features. Apart from the arches, the other feature of the Imperial Baths which caught my attention the most was a colossal marble foot affixed to a pedestal outside the entrance of the baths.
- Nearby Attractions
- Mosel River
- Roman Temple District, Tawern
- Church Of St. Gangolf
- St. Paulinus' Church
- Kornmarkt Square
- St. Mary's Column
- House Of The Three Magi
- Jews' Alley
- ' The Devil In Trier ' Performance At Franco's Tower
- Hotels Near Roman Imperial Baths
- Hotels Near Roman Imperial Baths
- 5 Star Hotels Near Roman Imperial Baths
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Roman Imperial Baths
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Roman Imperial Baths
- Budget Hotels Near Roman Imperial Baths
- Cheap Hotels Near Roman Imperial Baths
- Luxury Hotels Near Roman Imperial Baths
- Trier Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Trier
- 2 Days in Trier
- 3 Days in Trier
- 4 Days in Trier
- 5 Days in Trier
- 6 Days in Trier
- 7 Days in Trier