Are you looking for what to do in Trier?
PLACES TO SEE
- Porta Nigra: This UNESCO World Heritage Site was built at the end of 2nd century. Its aged blackened stones are a must see. This fortified gate stands for the north entrance to the Old Town of Trier.
- High Cathedral of Saint Peter: This is one of the oldest churches in Germany which houses a rich Treasury and the skull of Emperor Constantine’s mother, St. Helena.
- Karl Marx House: If you are visiting Trier, do visit the birth place of Karl Marx, which has now been converted into a museum outlining the history of Communism and his life and writings since 1947.
- Hauptmarkt: It is the city’s beautiful old market square where you shall see numerous half timbered buildings and old medieval attractions, including the 15th century Steipe, home to the city’s banqueting house.
THINGS TO DO
- Kaiserthermen: It is a Roman thermal bathing complex where the visitors can descend into an underground labyrinth consisting of hot and cold water baths, boiler rooms and heating channels.
- Palastgarten: The Palace garden is the perfect place to stroll or sunbathe, especially on warm summer days.
- Archaeological Museum: Visit the Archaeological Museum which documents some 200,000 years of the region’s history from prehistoric times to the beginning of the 19th century.
Below we have a list of things to do in Trier and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Trier getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Trier with confidence.