Caffe Stella Polare49 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Dante Alighieri, 14, 34122 Trieste, Italy Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Family And Kids
One of the oldest cafes in Trieste and popular as the hangout place of many soldiers and intellectuals, Caffe Stella Polare is an iconic restaurant. It has been witness to Trieste changing over the decades and has hosted people of all generations. It is situated in the heart of the Teresiano borough, next to the Serbian Orthodox Church of San Spiridione and very close to Piazza della Repubblica and Piazza Sant'Antonio.
It started as a typical Austrian-Hungarian Caffe, with the classical decorations of stuccoes and mirrors which are still partly present. With the end of the Second World War and the arrival in the city of the Anglo-Americans, this Café became a famous ballroom: from here many young women from Trieste sailed for the United States, happy wives of young American soldiers.
How to Reach Caffe Stella Polare
- Nearest Public Transport: Piazza della Republica, Via.F.Filzi 3
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trieste before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trieste and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Caffe Stella Polare Address: Via Dante Alighieri, 14, 34122 Trieste, Italy
- Caffe Stella Polare Timing: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Best time to visit Caffe Stella Polare(preferred time): 01:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Time required to visit Caffe Stella Polare: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
5.26% of people who visit Trieste include Caffe Stella Polare in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
65.38% of people start their Caffe Stella Polare visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Caffe Stella Polare
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Caffe Stella Polare
People normally club together Mercato Coperto and Barcola while planning their visit to Caffe Stella Polare.
Caffe Stella Polare Reviews & Ratings
snobbish serving staff; racists. sorry but this was the only place in Trieste that hosted the worst side of Italy via their waiters. really sad but true. Rest of Trieste is marvelous including its people. However, racism is creeping into the society thanks to polluted leaders of the world