Only a few kilometers from downtown Trieste lies the beautiful Karst Plateau that is full of many opportunities for recreation and sightseeing. This place affords fantastic views of the Adriatic sea and has a number of restaurants, caves and excursions that lure visitors again and again. The Carsico Plateau is of significant natural importance thanks both to its unusual geology and its typical flora and fauna.
Its unique geographic position, between the Atlantic climate and the continental one, creates microclimates that enhance the variety of flora and diversify the countryside. As well as providing a natural countryside of unparalleled beauty, the Carso is also characterised by the presence of numerous points of historical and cultural interest: typically Italian towns that are perfectly integrated into the surroundings and numerous fortresses from the Great War have borne witness to great historical events in this border area .
The highlights of this area include:
- Typically Italian products like wine and olive oil
- Speleological Museum
- Stalactites and Stalagmites (Grotta Gigante)
- Holiday Farms
- World War Fortifications
- There are a number of holiday farms in this area that serve authentic Italian food and treat visitors with true Italian hospitality.
- The wines made in this region are quite popular amongst connoisseurs and merit a tasting.
- Nearest Bus Stop: Bagnoli della Rosandra (piazza - capolinea 41)
- Strada prov.di Prebenico (teatro sloveno)
- Pizzeria Bagnoli Di Zattarin Alessandro
- Pollanzi Diana
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trieste before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trieste and book an accommodation of your choice.
52.76% of people who visit Trieste include Carso Triestino in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
53.91% of people start their Carso Triestino visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Carso Triestino
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carso Triestino