Miramare Castle, Trieste
About Miramare Castle, Trieste
Miramare Castle, Trieste - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Viale Miramare, 34151 Trieste, Italy
Ticket Price: 6 EUR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 3.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Educational Site, Castle, Historical Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Fort, Neighborhoods , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Castle of Miramare and its Park were built by Ferdinand Maximilian of Hapsburg who decided to have a residence befitting his rank built on the outskirts of Trieste, facing the sea and surrounded by a lush garden. The castle is breathtaking to say the least and the surrounding gardens add to the unadulterated beauty. The remarkable architecture of the Castle is the amalgamation of Gothic, medieval and Renaissance styles and reflects the eclectic taste of the Archduke. Franz Hoffman was entrusted with the decoration of the house and did a brilliant job with the furnishings and the styling of the mansion. The view on top of the castle is absolutely spell binding. All in all, the castle and the grounds are immaculately preserved and offer a peak into royal homes of the past.
The museum inside the castle holds many of the original furnishings, ornaments and objects that date back to the mid 19th Century and showcases the well preserved living quarters of the family. There is an information room that depicts the history of the castle and the park's construction. All the rooms still feature the original furnishings, ornaments, furniture and objects dating back to the middle of the 19th century. Particularly noteworthy are the music room and a series of paintings by Cesare dell'Acqua depicting the history of Miramare. Lastly, visitors can also see the throne room, which has gone through a recent refurbishment.
Miramare Castle Information
- Disabled access and parking available.
- It is possible to book the entry to the castle by calling: (+39) 0412770470
Miramare Castle Ticket Prices
- Reduced Ticket Price: 4 EUR (EU citizens aged 18 – 25 (with ID)EU teachers without their school group (with valid identification).
- Admission free for EU citizens under 18 (with ID). Under 12’s must be accompanied.
- Audio-guides in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and Slovene for rent at the ticket office: € 3.50 (each) or € 5.00 (double). Duration: about one hour.
Miramare Castle Opening and Closing Hours
- From November to February, from 4 pm and in March and October, from 5 pm, the Castle can be reached only through the main entrance (sea front – “Viale Miramare”).
- Park Opening Hours: April, May and September, 8 am – 6 pm
- March and October, 8 am – 5 pm
- November and December, 8 am – 3 pm
- January and February, 8 am – 4 pm
- June, July and August, 8 am – 7 pm
How To reach Miramare Castle by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Venezia Giulia Strada Statale 14 (numero 9)
- Strada statale 14 Venezia Giulia (Princeps)
Restaurants Near Miramare Castle
- Principe di Metternich
- Molo Srl
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Trieste before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trieste and book an accommodation of your choice.
Miramare Castle, Trieste Reviews - Write a Review
It is really picturesque, great place to visit with family and friends. I am so loving every moment
With no doubt, this is one of the most beautiful castles in the world. The architecture is amazing. Situated directly by the sea, you almost forget in which century you life...
Sold us one ticket to many. Immediately realised our error but she wouldn't take it back. 10€ wasted.
Wolderful place! The best is visiting it in the evening at the sunset
Beautiful must-see castle close to Trieste. No need to enter the castle, just walk around it. The view from the terrace is incredible. Take a bottle of water with you.
- Nearby Attractions
- Maritime Museum Or Civico Museo Del Mare
- Botanical Garden Of Trieste
- Chiesa Di San Nicolo Dei Greci
- Trieste Tourist Office
- Grotte Le Torri Di Slivia
- Mercato Coperto
- Caffe Stella Polare
- Teatro Verdi
- Science Centre Immaginario Scientifico
- Viale Xx Settembre
- Trieste Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Trieste
- What to See in 48 Hours in Trieste
- What to See in 72 Hours in Trieste
- How to Spend 5 Days in Trieste
- How to Spend 6 Days in Trieste
- How to Spend 7 Days in Trieste