Are you looking for what to do in Trieste?
PLACES TO SEE
- Cattedrale di San Giusto: If you were to list down the attractions in Trieste, Italy, make sure to add the name of this church. It is a 14th century old church with a sandstone façade which was built in honour of St. Just. The interior holds 13th century craftwork and the doorway showcases Roman artwork.
- Castllo di San Giust: It’s a 15th century old castle located at the top of the hill which was later transformed into a shipping observation point by Venetians. Taking a tour within the castle, let you take a visit to the Civic museum as well.
- Catello di Miramare: This castle is located on a cliff just above the sea. The garden in the frontier enhthe ances scenic beauty of the castle. Special features of this castle are the Maximilian’s chambers, Duke Amadeo of Aosta’s apartment, throne room, the park, stables, old greenhouses and little castle.
- Museo Revoltella: This museum was founded in 1872 by Baron Pasquale Revoltella. The museum holds an exclusive collection of artwork from 19th and 20th century. You can enjoy a hot cup of coffee on the museum’s rooftop cafe and enjoy the view of the museum.
- Piazza dell Unita d’Italia: It’s the largest square in Europe, located in the older part of Trieste. the square used to be the main port of Austro-Hungarian empire. The square is surrounded by 19th century old Palazzo de Governo on one side, another palazzo of Lloyd Triestino on the south, a shipping line and the Town Hall on the east. It is one of the popular attractions of Trieste.
Beside these historical buildings if you are looking for a beach in Trieste, Liburnia is a place you can think of. It is 150 meters away from Galleria Naturale (“natural tunnel”).
Below we have a list of things to do in Trieste and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Trieste getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Trieste with confidence.