On the border of Slovenia and Italy lies this natural paradise called Val Rosandra which is a valley named after the river that runs through it. Designated as a national park, there are a number of recreational possibilities for adventure and nature enthusiasts here. From hiking, climbing to simply enjoying the view, this valley is quite popular for its untouched beauty and bountiful surroundings. There is a beautiful waterfall, natural pathways and gleaming waters that soothe the soul. During autumn, the region changes colors and completely transforms itself into shades of rustic red and brown.
Val Rosandra Travel Tips
- Over the weekend the entrance to the valley is closed to traffic and cars have to necessarily go left in the square of Bagnoli della Rosandra, where the buses stop too.
How to Reach Val Rosandra
- Nearest Bus Stop: Strada Provinciale di Draga San Elia 36
- Strada Provinciale di Prebenico (Moccò)
- Pizzeria Bagnoli Di Zattarin Alessandro
- Trattoria Al Pozzo Di Gustini Pierpaolo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trieste before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trieste and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.02% of people who visit Trieste include Val Rosandra in their plan
25.53% of people start their Val Rosandra visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Val Rosandra
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Val Rosandra