Events and Festivals in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
Events and Festivals in Trincomalee
- Ther Thiruvazha (Chariot Festival): Celebrated in the month of April, Ther Thiruvizha is a 22-day long festival celebrated in the preparation of the Gods for the New Year. The procession of the extravagantly decorated chariot of Lord Konesar followed by the chariots of Pillaiyar and Murugan is the main highlight of this festival.
- Sivarathri: Observed in the month of February, the 3-day long festival of Sivarathri is celebrated as a means to commemorate Lord Konesar. Each day of the festival involves a deity being paraded on the chariots.
Trip plans for Trincomalee
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Trincomalee
Events & Festivals in Top Cities in Sri Lanka
- Events & Festivals in Colombo
- Events & Festivals in Kandy
- Events & Festivals in Hikkaduwa
- Events & Festivals in Bentota
- Events & Festivals in Sigiriya
- Events & Festivals in Negombo