Fort Frederick677 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Konesar Road, Trincomalee, Sri Lanka. Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
Dating back to the first quarter of the 17th century, the Fort Frederick was built by Portuguese on the site of the Hindu temple destroyed during the invasion. In the 18th century, the fort was captured by the French and later by the British in 1795 till 1948. Visit the fort to see the gorgeous Back bay and the Bay of Bengal and the well maintained fortification walls. The Koneswaram Temple (destroyed in 1622) is located inside the fort. Don’t miss the sunset when here.
Fort Frederick Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
How to Reach Fort Frederick
- By Bus: Central Bus Station - Trincomalee
- By hiring a Tuk-Tuk.
- By renting a Bike/ Bicycle.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trincomalee before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trincomalee and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fort Frederick Address: Konesar Road, Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.
- Fort Frederick Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Fort Frederick(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Fort Frederick: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
91.58% of people who visit Trincomalee include Fort Frederick in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
41.06% of people start their Fort Frederick visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Fort Frederick
63.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Frederick
People normally club together Koneswaram Temple and Uppuveli while planning their visit to Fort Frederick.
Fort Frederick Reviews & Ratings
What is the costAnswer Report Abuse