Kanniya Hot Springs328 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kanniya, Sri Lanka, Trincomalee
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 50 LKR
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Hot Spring, Family And Kids
Dating back to the period of Ravana (around 5000 years ago), the Kanniya Hot Springs finds it mention in the Ramayana – one of the most iconic Hindu Mythology books.
It is believed the hot springs emerged when Ravana struck the land with his sword. Others believe that the site was an ancient Buddhist site. Either ways, the place is rooted in history and is a pleasure to see. Touch a part of this history as you come here to explore the archeological ruins and freshen up with the hot spring water.
Kanniya Hot Springs Travel Tips
- Even though it is a hot spring, do dress conservatively (nudity or wearing swimsuits would cause an issue)
Entrance Ticket Details For Kanniya Hot Springs
- Admission fee: LKR 10 per person for locals; LKR 50 for Foreigners
How to Reach Kanniya Hot Springs
- By hiring a Tuk-Tuk.
- By renting a Bike/ Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Trincomalee before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Trincomalee and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.79% of people who visit Trincomalee include Kanniya Hot Springs in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
36.51% of people start their Kanniya Hot Springs visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Kanniya Hot Springs
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kanniya Hot Springs