Polaria1250 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hjalmar Johansens gate 12, 9296 Tromso, Norway, 9296
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-77750100
- Fax: +47-77750101
- Ticket Price: 120 NOK
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Water Body, Entertainment, Theatre, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
Polaria is situated in the Northern Norway and is the world’s most northerly museum. This is a multipurpose aquarium that was opened in 1988 and focuses mostly on children’s interests. The building is inspired from the Arctic Cathedral in Tromsdalen.
The main attractions you might look for out here are:
- The displays that focus on the northerly islands of Svalbard.
- The 5 screen panoramic cinema- In this theatre movies are shown regularly. For example films focusing on Arctic wilderness and Northern Lights in Arctic Norway.
- The Arctic Walkaway- This area consists of polar exploration features, stuffed animals and many local marine species.
- The display tanks show rock shore animals, baby fishes and other child friendly animals.
- The main attraction is the center pool that contains a group of bearded seals.
- Regular exhibitions such as Priceless, Talking Clams and Our Synthetic World are put up.
Polaria Travel Tips
- The cafe serves light snacks such as sandwiches, hotdogs, etc.
- The tickets of the seal hunting ships of the museum can be bought from here.
- This place can also be booked for other parties and events.
Entrance Ticket Details For Polaria
- Children: NOK 60
- Seniors: NOK 85
- Students: NOK 70
- Family: NOK 280
Seal Feeding & Training:
- 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm during winters.
- 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm during summers.
The cafe is opened everyday from 11:00 am – 3:30 pm
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tromso before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tromso and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.21% of people who visit Tromso include Polaria in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
92.51% of people start their Polaria visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Polaria
76.8% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Polaria