About Polaria, Tromso
Polaria, Tromso - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Hjalmar Johansens gate 12, 9296 Tromso, Norway
Ticket Price: 120 NOK
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 7.8K times in trip plans
Museum, Water Body, Entertainment, Theatre, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Polaria is situated in the Northern Norway and is the world’s most northerly museum. This is a multipurpose aquarium that was opened in 1988 and focuses mostly on children’s interests. The building is inspired from the Arctic Cathedral in Tromsdalen.
The main attractions you might look for out here are:
- The displays that focus on the northerly islands of Svalbard.
- The 5 screen panoramic cinema- In this theatre movies are shown regularly. For example films focusing on Arctic wilderness and Northern Lights in Arctic Norway.
- The Arctic Walkaway- This area consists of polar exploration features, stuffed animals and many local marine species.
- The display tanks show rock shore animals, baby fishes and other child friendly animals.
- The main attraction is the center pool that contains a group of bearded seals.
- Regular exhibitions such as Priceless, Talking Clams and Our Synthetic World are put up.
- The cafe serves light snacks such as sandwiches, hotdogs, etc.
- The tickets of the seal hunting ships of the museum can be bought from here.
- This place can also be booked for other parties and events.
Polaria Ticket Prices
- Children: NOK 60
- Seniors: NOK 85
- Students: NOK 70
- Family: NOK 280
Polaria Opening and Closing Hours
Seal Feeding & Training:
- 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm during winters.
- 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm during summers.
The cafe is opened everyday from 11:00 am – 3:30 pm
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tromso before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tromso and book an accommodation of your choice.
Polaria, Tromso Reviews - Write a Review
A museum on Arctic environment, about Life their with main focus on animals/birds of the region there. A reasonable good show put up by the authorities, though the ticket price is high. Staff is courteous. Display of limited version of marine life including training and feeding of Seals. Could have been still better in terms of its contents.
Interesting experience. Well laud out with informative films and good displays. Nice aquarium and photo opportunities with seals etc.
If you have children this is a must see due to the 4 live seals in the seal pool. You can get pretty close to the seals which is a fun experience. Other than the seals, I did not find the Polaria to be that great.
Small yet educational! If you have kids or children, this place would be a great place to go. Try to go around 315 or 330 for the feeding.
Great museum with nice attractions and a touch pool for some see animals. The seals are a attraction, too. Only the Souvenir store has nothing polaria exclusive which is a bit sad for collector.
- Nearby Attractions
- Siste Skanse
- Rundvannet Borettslag
- Eka Robertsen
- Cable Car
- Sadio Nor Teater
- Karmelittkloster, Totus Tuus
- Scandic Ishavshotel
- Tromso Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Tromso
- What to See in 48 Hours in Tromso
- What to See in 72 Hours in Tromso
- How to Spend 5 Days in Tromso
- How to Spend 6 Days in Tromso
- How to Spend 7 Days in Tromso