How to Reach Tromso
- By Air: All flights land in Tromso at the Langnes Airport with ten daily departures from Oslo. There are also flights to cities like Murmansk, Arkhangelsk, Stockholm and Svalbard on certain days. There is an airport shuttle service that goes into town. Public buses and taxis are also available.
- By Train: You can take a train to Narvik and take a bus from there. It might be expensive. Alternatively, you can take a train to Rovaniemi however there are no buses available from there to Tromso during winters. You will have to hitchhike or take a cab.
- By Car: It is possible to reach Tromso by car and the roads are in good condition. You can take the E10 from near Narvik and the E8 from Helsinki. It should be a 4 and 3 hour’s drive respectively.
- By Bus: Buses are available from Narvik and Alta. During summers, there is even a bus from Rovaniemi, Finland.
- By Boat: Boats depart from Lofoten, Trondheim and Bergen all year round to Tromso. Cruise boats also moor at Tromso.
- By Bus: Tromso has an extensive bus network and one ticket will last you 1.5 hours. The tickets are also quite affordable.
- By Taxi: Plenty of taxis are available all around the city, however you might have to wait in line on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays as those days are particularly busy.
- By Ferry: Hurtigbatene and Fergene are the ferries you can take to travel around the city.
- By Car: You can hire one.