Visit Trongsa - Best of Trongsa
One of the happiest places on the earth, Bhutan has a treasure of attractions. There is so much to witness and soak in here that visiting this place is a must for every traveller. Thimphu, Paro, Jakar are some of the major attractions in Trongsa and have plentiful of things to indulge in. But the most underrated among the lot is the historic Trongsa. Regarded as the breakpoint if you are travelling from Thimphu to jakar or vice versa, Trongsa is just more than that. Located perfectly in the geographically centre of the country, Trongsa is also called the Vanguard of the Warriors and played a major role in controlling the kingdom in ancient times. The stunning locales, perfect location, ideal weather are one of the numerous reasons why Trongsa deserve a lengthy visit.
There are many attractions in Trongsa that should be visited. The most prominent ones being the Trongsa Dzong, Thru Epang Palace and Trongsa Tower. The December festival in Trongsa is one of the prime attractions in this scenic town. There are dozen of shops, restaurants and resorts which will help you in making your trip, an unforgettable venture. This one is a perfect spot to take a break from the tiring road trip and relax amidst some mesmerising scenery.
Trongsa Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Trongsa tips for your visit
- Time zone: UTC+06:00
- Currency: BTN (Ngultrum)
- Language: Bumthang Kha and Khongkha are the languages which are predominantly spoken in Trongsa. Some people might even understand English.
- Electricity and Internet: Voltage: 220-240 Volts, The primary socket types used in Bhutan are Euro, British and Indian. The internet connectivity is good in Bhutan. In a major city like Trongsa, you’ll get good 2G, 3G and even 4G services. Moreover moderate budget and expensive hotels may even provide free Wifi to the guests.
- Fire: 110
- Thimphu Traffic: 111
- Ambulance: 112
- Police: 113
- Tipping: Tipping is not compulsory in Bhutan but you can give the tourist guides, service boys and waiters as tips are their major source of income.
- Customs: When someone offers you food, then say “MeshMesha” and cover your mouth and only accept on the second or third offering.
- Other Tips: Keep in mind that you’re travelling to a high altitude. Hence your body will take time to adjust with the surroundings.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Trongsa and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Trongsa- Know before you go to Trongsa
Facts and Stats for Trongsa*
Pollution Statistics in Trongsa
Know the pollution level of Trongsa before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 25 (Low)
Water Pollution 75 (High)
Noise and Light Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 50 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 75 (High)
Living in Trongsa - Quality of Life
Pollution Index 51.72 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Trongsa
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Trongsa
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.02 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 46.07 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 107.5 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 15.36 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Trongsa Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Trongsa
Trip to Thimphu, Paro, Trongsa, Phuentsholing, Jak By: Annu Saini City: Thimphu, Phuentsholing, Paro, Jakar, Trongsa
- Cities Near Trongsa
- Zhemgang Tourism
- Punakha Tourism
- Lhuntse Tourism
- Paro Tourism
- Sarpang Tourism
- Mongar Tourism
- Thimphu Tourism
- Motithang Tourism
- Phajoding Tourism
- Top cities from Bhutan
- Phuentsholing Tourism
- Wangdue Phodrang Tourism
- Gasa Tourism
- Ha Tourism
- Phuntsholing Tourism
- Pemagatsel Tourism
- Samdrup Jongkhar Tourism
- Semtokha Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Artemus Tourism
- Rayleigh Tourism
- Macleod Tourism