One of the happiest places on the earth, Bhutan has a treasure of attractions. There is so much to witness and soak in here that visiting this place is a must for every traveller. Thimphu, Paro, Jakar are some of the major attractions in Trongsa and have plentiful of things to indulge in. But the most underrated among the lot is the historic Trongsa. Regarded as the breakpoint if you are travelling from Thimphu to jakar or vice versa, Trongsa is just more than that. Located perfectly in the geographically centre of the country, Trongsa is also called the Vanguard of the Warriors and played a major role in controlling the kingdom in ancient times. The stunning locales, perfect location, ideal weather are one of the numerous reasons why Trongsa deserve a lengthy visit.
There are many attractions in Trongsa that should be visited. The most prominent ones being the Trongsa Dzong, Thru Epang Palace and Trongsa Tower. The December festival in Trongsa is one of the prime attractions in this scenic town. There are dozen of shops, restaurants and resorts which will help you in making your trip, an unforgettable venture. This one is a perfect spot to take a break from the tiring road trip and relax amidst some mesmerising scenery.
Essential travel information and Trongsa tips for your visit
- Time zone: UTC+06:00
- Currency: BTN (Ngultrum)
- Language: Bumthang Kha and Khongkha are the languages which are predominantly spoken in Trongsa. Some people might even understand English.
- Electricity and Internet: Voltage: 220-240 Volts, The primary socket types used in Bhutan are Euro, British and Indian. The internet connectivity is good in Bhutan. In a major city like Trongsa, you’ll get good 2G, 3G and even 4G services. Moreover moderate budget and expensive hotels may even provide free Wifi to the guests.
- Fire: 110
- Thimphu Traffic: 111
- Ambulance: 112
- Police: 113
- Tipping: Tipping is not compulsory in Bhutan but you can give the tourist guides, service boys and waiters as tips are their major source of income.
- Customs: When someone offers you food, then say “MeshMesha” and cover your mouth and only accept on the second or third offering.
- Other Tips: Keep in mind that you’re travelling to a high altitude. Hence your body will take time to adjust with the surroundings.
Trongsa Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Trongsa. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Trongsa trip planner.