The Arizona State Museum celebrates the Native American arts and crafts and you can see fine collection of pottery showcased here. The museum also showcases privately owned collection of the Giffords family which includes artefacts of Mexican folk and tradition.
Other highlights include:
- Exhibits which showcase the life and history of the American Indians
- Outdoor Public art pieces
- Exclusive tour of the museum
If you love history and are curious about the Native American culture, heritage, art and origins, a visit here is a must!
Arizona State Museum Hours
Exhibitions and Museum Store:
- Monday through Saturday: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Closed on Sundays, federal and state holidays.
Library and Archives (access by appointment only)
- Currently, Monday through Thursday 10.00 am to 3.00 pm. Appointments are required for use of the library outside these hours
Note: all ASM Collections offices, including the Library and Archives, are closed to researchers and other visitors on Mondays and Fridays. Exhibit galleries and the Museum store remain open
Timings can change. Visit the official website for updated timings.
How to Reach Arizona State Museum
- By Bus: At Park @ University Ave
- By Tram: A tram line passes nearby
- By Car
- By Taxi
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tucson before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tucson and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.62% of people who visit Tucson include Arizona State Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
60% of people start their Arizona State Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Arizona State Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arizona State Museum