San Xavier Del Bac467 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1950 W San Xavier Rd, Tucson, AZ 85746, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5202942624
- Time Required: 00:40 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Mission San Xavier del Bac is the oldest preserved European structure in Arizona. The church was founded in late 17th century but was completely constructed by the late 18th century. The architecture of the church along with its intricate interiors including mural art, statues and its classic clay brick, stone and lime mortar structure, makes it’s a fine example of classic Spanish Colonial buildings seen in the United States.
Influence of Baroque style of architecture- curtained displays, false doors and pristine marbling, all add to its beauty.
Entrance Ticket Details For San Xavier Del Bac
- Admission is Free.
San Xavier Del Bac Hours
- Mission church opens 7:00 am and closes at 5:00 pm each day.
- Gift Shop: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Museum: 8:00 am- 4:30 pm
- Free docent tours Monday - Saturday mornings (when church is not in use)
- June- September: Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm; Sunday: 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:30 am
- October- May: Sunday Masses are one hour later.
For other timings, visit the official website .
How to Reach San Xavier Del Bac
- By Bus: At San Xavier/Little Nogales
- By Car
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tucson before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tucson and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.02% of people who visit Tucson include San Xavier Del Bac in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
48.74% of people start their San Xavier Del Bac visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see San Xavier Del Bac
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Xavier Del Bac