Steward Observatory Mirror Lab
- Address: 527 National Championship Dr, Tucson, AZ 85719, United States
- Phone: +1-5206268792
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Family And Kids, Workshop
The Steward Observatory Mirror Lab gives you a know-how of how mirrors are made. The manufacturing unit makes Telescope mirrors and you can walk around to see the glass take shape as you listen to the interactive guide talk about the processes involved. The tour starts with a lecture followed by a video leading to the actual process and gives you a brief on how giant telescope glasses are made.
- The lab where casting of the mirrors and their polishing takes place.
The tour is a must if you are a curious soul or simply want a learning experience with kids and family.
- Access is only by opting for a tour.
- Do makes prior reservation by purchasing tickets online or calling the place up.
Ticket prices for tour:
- Student between 7-22 years (with ID): USD 10.00
- Military (with Military ID): USD 18.00
- Senior (60 and over): USD 18.00
- Adult: USD 20.00
Prices can vary. Visit the official website for precise ticket prices.
- Tours are Monday to Friday normally at 1.00 pm and at 3.00 pm (Timings can change. Visit the official website for precise schedule).
- Tickets are available for purchase until 10.00 am on the day of the tour.
- School and group tour: Morning tours available Friday's only on reservation.
- Bus: At SL/2nd St/Cherry Av
- Tram: A tram line runs close by
- By Car
- By Taxi
- By walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tucson before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tucson and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.5% of people who visit Tucson include Steward Observatory Mirror Lab in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
48.28% of people start their Steward Observatory Mirror Lab visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Steward Observatory Mirror Lab
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Steward Observatory Mirror Lab
People normally club together Sentinel Peak and Arizona Historical Society, Arizona History Museum while planning their visit to Steward Observatory Mirror Lab.