The Ventana Canyon Hiking Trail gets its name from ‘Ventano’ which means ‘Window’ in Spanish. The window here is a 15 by 25 foot opening in a solid rock on the peaks in the Santa Catalina Front Range.
The trek is best explore with a topographical map and if you love challenges, you will surely have fun mapping your way through the beautiful terrain which offers a spectacular view at every turn!
- The weathered rocks which graze the sky in beautiful structures.
- The view of the city from the peak.
Ventana Canyon Trailhead Travel Tips
- One-way hike can take around 3.5 hours.
- Carry bottled water and food with you.
- Sturdy shoes and sunscreen will be helpful.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ventana Canyon Trailhead
- Admission is free.
Ventana Canyon Trailhead Hours
- The place is open from dawn to dusk.
How to Reach Ventana Canyon Trailhead
- Bus: at Sunrise Dr/Kolb (around 3 kilometers away)
- By Car
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tucson before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tucson and book an accommodation of your choice.