Wat Buddhametta20 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: 1133 S Swan Rd, Tucson, AZ 85711, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5207454624
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
Wat Buddhametta is a Buddhist Meditation center which opens its doors to locals and tourists who want to experience or learn the Buddhist methodology of Meditation and Spirituality.
The center's tranquil atmosphere and classes calm you down and the buffet food served here is often spoken about by many visitors.
After a long day of hiking through Tucson's mountain, a visit here is simply the perfect way to complete your stay in the city.
Wat Buddhametta Travel Tips
- Do wear appropriate clothes while visiting the center.
Entrance Ticket Details For Wat Buddhametta
- Admission and Classes are given for free. However, donations are accepted.
- Donation for Community Thai Food Buffet Dinner: USD 10
Wat Buddhametta Hours
- Call up the center for precise timings of classes.
- On every third Saturday of every month the center has their monthly Community Thai Food Buffet Dinner which you can join after giving a small donation.
- For any other timings, visit the official website.
How to Reach Wat Buddhametta
- Bus: At Swan/22nd St
- By Car
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Tucson before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tucson and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.75% of people who visit Tucson include Wat Buddhametta in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75% of people start their Wat Buddhametta visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Wat Buddhametta
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Buddhametta
Wat Buddhametta Reviews & Ratings
Great center. All programs are free; donations accepted. The abbot Ajahn is a wise and funny teacher. (And the resident dogs are a joy.)
2nd Saturday of each month, grab a plate of great food. Get the Thai tea. The monks are pretty funny guys. Tons of dad jokes.
The founder and Abbot of this , the most successful of the Thai Buddhist temples in Tucson, Ajahn Sarayut, is very welcoming and helpful to newbies looking for instruction in meditation and Dharma studies. There are Americans in addition to local Thai families attending services regularly. Don't miss their monthly Thai food buffet . It's a little taste of Thai culture , in the heart of the Old Pueblo ! Highly recommended !
We are very fortunate in this day and age to have a place where we can learn and experience the Buddha Dhamma!
Very beautiful spot in Tucson. Love the monthly community buffet. Will definitely visit often. Maybe even meditate.