Tundong is a settlement on the Sarawak Kanan (right hand, going upstream) river in the Bau division of Sarawak, Malaysia. It lies approximately 25.2 kilometres (16 mi) southwest of the state capital Kuching. Tundong has about twenty shophouses on roads perpendicular to the river, but some are now used as residences only. The town was flooded to a depth of 4.6 metres in 1963 and to 3.5 metres in 1976. Sir Henry Keppel in 1846 describes Tundong as “quite a new settlement”, and the principal Chinese station in the area. Neighbouring settlements include:
* Kampung Siburuh 1.9 kilometres (1.2 mi) west
* Buso 3.7 kilometres (2.3 mi) east
* Pelaman Mawiang Togug 3.7 kilometres (2.3 mi) west
* Kampung Gerogo 3.7 kilometres (2.3 mi) west
* Bau 3.7 kilometres (2.3 mi) south
* Musi 4.1 kilometres (2.5 mi) northeast
* Pelaman Tiguduong 4.1 kilometres (2.5 mi) northwest
* Pelaman Sepisa 4.1 kilometres (2.5 mi) northeast
* Kampung Sudoh 4.1 kilometres (2.5 mi) northeast
* Kampung Addis 4.1 kilometres (2.5 mi) northwest Wikipedia
This is a comprehensive travel guide for Tundong in Malaysia. From budgeting tips to finding the best spots, this travel guide has got all the insider information to explore Tundong like a local. This city is located in the close proximity of a major city Kuching, Malaysia. Take a short trip from Tundong and set some time aside to explore the Kuching. Dotted with places like Semenggoh National Park, Sarawak Cultural Village, Kuching Esplanade And Waterfront; it will definitely be a good idea. If you want to fly to the destination, you can choose the nearest major airport to take a flight. The nearest major airport is Kuching International Airport. Tour packages of Tundong are of 1 to 2 days duration.
Yes,it is that simple really! Enjoy your trip! Keep travelling!
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Tundong and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!