How to Reach Turin
HOW TO GET TO TURIN
- Turin's international airport is named after Italy's former President Sandro Pertini.
- It is located 15km north of the city centerin the town of Caselle, connected to Turin city by a convenient motorway.
- The main carriers to reach Torino from abroad are Lufthansa, Air France, Turkish Airlines.
- Alitalia is Italy's flagship airline, which operates flight from some European and Italian cities, a great option if you’re flying in from Rome or Naples.
- Some low fares airlines, like Ryanair and Easyjet are also abailable.
- The airport is connected to the city by train (to the station of Porta Dora), bus (with a regional bus service) and taxi.
- The SADEM bus service runs every 30-40 minutes from the airport to Torino's Porta Nuova train station. A ticket at a ticket kiosk inside the airport terminal will cost 6.50 euros. On the bus, it's 7 euros. With the Turin + Piemonte Card, the ride is only 5 euros.
- Travelling from the airport to the center of the city takes approximately 40 minutes.
- The TERRAVISION bus service started in August 2013, there are stops in the city as Lingotto station and Torino Esposizioni, the one-way ticket costs EUR 5.50, instead the return EUR 9.50.
- Turin is also reached from Malpensa airport, which may be cheaper to fly to. There is a bus service running ten times daily between the city and the airport. The ride takes 2 hours and costs 22 Euros (as of February 1, 2014).
- Turin has three main railway stations, Porta Nuova, Porta Susa and Lingotto FS.
- Porta Nuova and Porta Susa are stations dedicated to mid-range and long-range trains.
- Porta Susa (under renovation) serves trains to all northern regions of Italy (Milan, Venice, Aosta, and also Paris).
- Porta Nuova serves especially trains to the south (Genoa, Florence, Rome, Bologna).
- All trains coming from/going to the south of Turin, depart from Porta Nuova via Lingotto FS.
- A4. From Milan and Venice (six-lane toll motorway).
- A5. From Ivrea and Aosta (four-lane toll motorway).
- A6. From Fossano, Ceva, and Savona (four-lane toll motorway).
- A21. From Asti, Alessandria, Genoa, and Piacenza (four-lane toll motorway).
- A32. From Frejus and France (four-lane toll motorway).
- There are many buses from Milan, Milan airports, Lyon, Genoa.
HOW TO GET AROUND TURIN
- Turin tourism is nicely complemented by a it’s publi transport. The city has an efficient system of city connections with buses and trams managed by GTT and all relevant information can be found here on their official website.
- The City of Turin has recently a network of bicycle paths throughout the city that is over 150km long, a nice improvement on your regular Turin holidays. Construction is still going on though and while a bike-sharing service is provided by a company named ToBike, it's quite difficult for non-residents to obtain a ticket. If you’re willing to give it a shot, the Tobike shop located in Via Santa Chiara 26/F.
- All the main car hire companies are at Turin Airportin front of the Domestic Arrivals, Ground Floor-Level Zero.
- Taxis in Torino start the meter the moment your call is received and keep in mind that it is not customary to hail a taxi on the street.
- Pronto Taxi Tel: +39-011-5737
- Radio Taxi Tel: +39-011-5730
- EuropTaxi Tel: +39-011-19839026
- Turin Airport Tel: +39-011-9914419
- Main Railway station - Torino Porta Nuova Tel. +39-011-547331
- Via Sacchi ang. C.so Vittorio Emanuele II Tel: +39-011-657139
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Turin. The most preferred mode of transport in Turin is Car.
Average distance: 10.98 km Average time: 30.31 min
Car 52.38%Driving 26.91 min Walking 2.45 min Overall average time for 16.05 kms 29.36 min
Walking 16.67%Walking 8.86 min Waiting 2.14 min Tram 1.57 min Bus 1.43 min Train 0.29 min Overall average time for 1.89 kms 14.29 min
Tram/Streetcar 4.76%Tram 24.5 min Waiting 4.5 min Walking 3.5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 32.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 19.05%Bus 33.38 min Waiting 7.88 min Walking 7.88 min Other 0.38 min Overall average time for 8.13 kms 49.5 min
Bike 4.76%Bike 10 min Walking 1.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 11.5 min
Train/Metro 2.38%Train 26 min Other 10 min Walking 5 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 10 kms 43 min