Museum Of National Cinema, Turin
About Museum Of National Cinema, Turin
Museum Of National Cinema, Turin - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Via Montebello, 20, Torino, Italy
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 5.2K times in trip plans
Cinema, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
What could be more blissful than a temporary suspension of reality? Museo Nazionale Del Cinema or the Museum of National Cinema in Turin, Italy, is made of the stuff of dreams forescapists and film lovers all over the world. A former synagogue that is now an Italian motion picture museum, it isfitted out rather peculiarly inside the Mole Antonelliana tower, a fascinating structure that is an architectural symbol of the city.
At the core of its collection lies the invaluable contribution of the historian and collector Maria Adriana Prolo that gave the museum the impetus to flourish by creating a sacred place where documents related to film could be preserved.The Museum of National Cinema is today an incredibly important contribution to cinema at an international level and is guaranteed to take you on a trip down the memory lane of cinema.The museum plays host to several festivals, the most prestigious of which is the Torino Film Festival.
A panoramic elevator with transparent glass walls within the museumruns in 59 seconds in a single span in a free fall without any intermediate floors, giving the viewer a breath-taking view of the whole museum from the top with the 300,000 posters on display, and the animation taking place in the dome. Watch out for dizzy people in that 8-people lift!
Housing pre-cinematographic optical devices, the museum showcases quaint and long-forgotten techniques like peepshows and magic lanterns for lighting that will leave you awash in a nostalgia you can’t even explain. Thoughtfully curated technologies from bygone eras as well as current times, stage props from early Italian movies and other film paraphernalia populate the area of the museum over several display levels linked by an elegant wooden staircase.
At the end of the stairs,the main central hall - called Temple Hall – lies just under the dome, impressively dotted with genre-specific cinema theme movie sets and comfy chaise-longues where you can watch historic movie trailers. La Dolce Vita begins here, friends.
Museum Of National Cinema Information
- Don’t forget to drop in to the bookstore and café on the ground floor!
- Don’t worry about language problems, as the museum is well-suited to those comfortable with English.
- Do not forget your cameras! No use crying over lost photo-ops later as you look out over the sprawling Alps from the panoramic lift. These are moments you’d want to capture.
- Be sure to get a bundle ticket, to get access to both the panoramic lift as well as the museum – plus, you get a discount!
- Evenings in the middle of the week are a great time to visit the museum.
Museum Of National Cinema Ticket Prices
- Reduced ticket rates are available for- € 7.00 - college students up to age 26, those over 65.
- € 2.50 - from 6 to 18 years, school groups.
- Free up to five years old, disabled and companion.
- With the Turin-Piedmont card, you can avail great discounts for the Mole, Egyptian museum, the Madama Castle, the Renoir exhibition and more, transport included.
For single visitors and groups with fewer than 15 people, you can buy advance tickets for:
- Admission to The National Cinema Museum.
- Cinema Massimo screenings.
- Admission to the Paronamic Lift.
- For groups of all kinds with 15 people or more, including school trips, you must book in advance for:
- admission to The National Cinema Museum.
- guided tours to the Museum.
Restaurants Near Museum Of National Cinema
- La Badessa
- Sotto La Mole
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Turin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museum Of National Cinema, Turin Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing and huge museum of photography and cinema. For adults and children. Elevator til the top of the tower, with or without the entrance to the museum. Worth it. Recommend!
Fantastic! I spent more than 5 hours in the museum and explored the development and revolution of the film industry...so much fun! There are big collections of old cameras, movie posters, installation art. What's the best is you can lie down on a comfy sofa with a built-in speaker system and watch some old-day movies as long as you'd like!
Great museum really original. Lots of different rooms with different decor. You can take the elevator to get a panoramic view of Torino. But if you tend to be afraid of heights you better close your eyes because the elevator is clear. I recommend as well to book your tickets online because the queue is quite long.
Perfect way to demonstrate great piece of italian cinematography. If You are not keen on local movies, You will be seduced by the thematic rooms - cartoon room, mad scientist lab, thriller area or wacky room with toilets used as seats. Warehouse of the famous movie props. Green box for the simple movie effects. Big screens inside allow visitors to watch 2 movies simultaneously. Oh, and don't wait in the queue if You don't plan to use evelator - the second entry is much more faster.
It was an interesting museum, showing the history of cinema and animals in cinema. Additionally there is an elevator to the top of the building with a wonderful view of Turin
- Nearby Attractions
- Il Convito Della Venaria Caffè Bistrot
- Passami Il Sale Srl
- Sangro River War Cemetery
- Turin Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Turin
- What to See in 48 Hours in Turin
- What to See in 72 Hours in Turin
- How to Spend 5 Days in Turin
- How to Spend 6 Days in Turin
- How to Spend 7 Days in Turin