Piazza Vittorio VenetoCurrently Open
- Address: Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 15 10124, Torino, Italy, Turin Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Square, Family And Kids
The Piazza Vittorio Veneto is where the city meets the river Po, at one end of the square and the atmosphere it creates is quite the oxymoron.The Piazza is crisscrossed by streets and trams and bus lines while still retaining an inherent vibe of tranquillity, probably because of the covered promenade surrounding the area.
The characteristic Italian porticoed buildings add to the charm of the place and the cafes and restaurants are a dream come true for foodies. The Piazza is unwavering in its elegance and architectural grandeur throughout the day - but the night dining scene here really takes the cake (or the tiramisu as the case may be). The energy of the Piazza takes a definite upswing post-sunset with young folks, families, couples, tourists and locals alike stepping out enjoy some delicious food with excellent wine. Definitely your go-to place if you’re looking to spend some quality time in an upbeat place.
Located at the end of Via Po, the square closes the bridge Vittorio Emanuele I that connects to the Piazza della Gran Madre Church of God and was traditionally used as a parade ground in the 17th centurybecause of the unevenness of the ground that amplified the visual impact during the military parades.
Designed by the architect Giuseppe Frizzi and completed in 1825, the Piazza’s present name was granted to it post the First World War, in remembrance of the victorious battle of Vittorio Veneto. Since 1945, it has also been the meeting point for celebrations of May Day.
Piazza Vittorio Veneto Travel Tips
- Drop in during the night the ambience and the fine dining, and a little earlier during the day for a quiet cup of coffee, if that’s what you prefer.
- Il Tabisca
- Da Michele
- Porta di Savona
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Turin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turin and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Piazza Vittorio Veneto Address: Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 15 10124, Torino, Italy, Turin
- Piazza Vittorio Veneto Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Piazza Vittorio Veneto(preferred time): 06:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Time required to visit Piazza Vittorio Veneto: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
49.1% of people who visit Turin include Piazza Vittorio Veneto in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
42.29% of people start their Piazza Vittorio Veneto visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Piazza Vittorio Veneto
58.95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Piazza Vittorio Veneto
People normally club together The National Automobile Museum and Mole Antonelliana while planning their visit to Piazza Vittorio Veneto.