The National Automobile Museum519 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Corso Unità d'Italia 40, 10126 Torino, Turin, Italy
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: 3911-677666
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Automobile Museums
The National Automobile Museum, or Museo Nazionale dell'Automobile, is a roaring celebration of the most revered status symbols since the advent of the Italian economic boom: the car. It boasts of a collection including vintage Italian cars such as a Fiat from 1899 and a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost from 1914, in addition to racing cars from Ferrari and Alfa Romeo, it is located in one of the prettiest areas in ‘motor city’ Turin, Northern Italy.
Breaking new ground with its post-makeover amenities, the National Automobile Museum houses three floors with themes, sauntering down which you will be taken on a journey. The first recounts the evolution of cars, the second portrays the different social implications of how humans use cars (for example, as a sport in car racing) and the third gives you a glimpse into the future of cars.
Put your seat belts on for the ride because this museum is quickly carving its own niche amongst the most innovative cultural centres in Europe. Besides specialists, it’s also an absolute delight for those who consider themselves ‘non-car people’ with its concise and vivid descriptions and its classiest pieces displayed with aplomb.
Named after founder Carlo Biscaretti di Ruffia, the museum underwent a radical renovation and extension to reopen in 2011.The intelligent redesign combines rich Italian architecture with cutting-edge innovation, to showcase 200 cars among 80 automobile brands representing eight countries (Italy, France, Great Britain, Germany, Holland, Spain, United States of America and Poland).
The Piazza, a large square constructed for large-scale events like awards ceremonies, fashion shows, theatrical performances, is the most charming place to step out for a breather or perhaps indulge yourself in discussion with like-minded people. With a bookshop loaded with a wealth of automobile trivia, a souvenir shop that is real value for money and a cafeteria to boot, here’s an automobile fanatic’s dream come true!
The National Automobile Museum Travel Tips
- The museum has a rich cultural heritage and reading up on some of its landmark events like the exalted success of the ’61 Expo with four million visitors might add some great context to the museum visit.
- Check out the documentation centre, the teaching centre and the auditorium while you’re there!
- The visit starts on the second floor, spanning 21 rooms and an area of over 3,600 square metres.
- The itinerary is circular beginning with the Library in “Genesis”, the first room, to the “Destiny” room, the last on this floor.
- Do not attempt to touch or drive exhibits.
- Entry into the museum closes 1 hour before closing time for the particular day.
- For groups over 15 people, prior booking is required.
Entrance Ticket Details For The National Automobile Museum
- Ticket concessions are available for the following: EUR 6 - available for ACS members, ASI members, ATA members, ICOM members, Scuderia Ferrari Club members, senior citizens over 65, children from 6 to 14, groups over 15 people, the disabled and university students with university card.
- Schools – EUR 2.50.
- Free entry is available to children under 6, journalists with a professional card and those with Torino + Piemonte card.
How to Reach The National Automobile Museum
- Buses/trams: 1 - 18 - 42 - 34 - 35
- Undergroung (Lingotto stop)
- Fluvial boat (Italia '61 stop)
- Bus City Sightseeing line B (bus stop 4)
- Old Wild West
- Cacio E Pepe
- Ristorante Pizzeria Il Barone Il Barone Srl
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Turin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turin and book an accommodation of your choice.
33.42% of people who visit Turin include The National Automobile Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
70.83% of people start their The National Automobile Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see The National Automobile Museum
94.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The National Automobile Museum