Venaria RealeCurrently Closed
- Address: Piazza della Repubblica 4, 10078 Venaria Reale, Italy, Turin
- Timings: 10:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: 39011-4992333
- Ticket Price: 18 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Unesco Site
If royal treatment has ever fascinated you, La Venaria Reale will beckon to you in its resplendent glory, a massive complex in Piedmont including the baroque Royal Palace and the 3000 hectare La Mandria Park. Both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, they were home to the largest restoration initiative in Europe, involving an investment of 200 million Euros. They threw open their doors to a new lease of life in 2007, merging into one extravagant monumental site.
The Reggia di Venaria Reale is the Royal Palace, formerly used as a Savoy residence, an epitome of baroque art and architecture.It is truly one of the most breathtaking beautiful royal residences in Europe and the many intricate frescoes, tapestries, armour and original paintings are a visual feast.Constructed at the behest of The Duke Carlo Emanuele II, the architect Amedeo di Castellamonte established it in the mid-17th century to make the base of hunting parties in the lush hill county north of Turin. Altessano thus became Venaria and the village and the palace were connected to form an entire new municipality within Turin. Over the centuries, it has faced the reorganization of gardens by new kings, the wrath of the French and severe damage during the siege of Turin. That entire village area, the hunting grounds and the many annexes have persevered and withstood the toil of time and remain a part of the Palace.
La Mandaria Park, a horse breeding and equestrian center in the 18th century for the Savoy kings, is one of the most significant examples of a European environmental preservation centre. Domestic and wild animals gallivant side-by-side in the forest environment, dotted with important historic buildings, a protected area since 1978.
La Venaria Reale beckons to you indeed; Turin’s vibrant culture, art and nature in all its glory.
Venaria Reale Travel Tips
- Kicking off your visit in the morning is a good idea since at noon in the main court, the ‘Court of Honor’ (formerly where the ‘Fountain of the Stag’ used to stand) you can watch ‘The Water Theatre’, a captivating water show with water jets, steam pipes and baroque music.
- There is an elegant cafe (with an impressive display of silver housewareset off with a breath-taking view of the Alps) inside the Reggia in case you want to catch a breather or a bite to eat, and another cafe outside in the gardens.
- If you want some peace and quiet, scout for a seating place next to the Rose Garden.
- The ‘All in a Palace’ ticket for EUR 25 includes:
- Admission to the Reggia, the Gardens and the exhibitions;
- 10% discount at the estate’s cafés, restaurants, snack bars and bookshop
- Discount on Audiopen
- Discount ticket for Diana’s Arrow (Gardens’ train), gondolas on the pond, and horse-drawn carriage
- Participation in activities organised by the Reggia
- EUR 1 for children and teenagers between 6 and 16 years of age accompanied by an adult
Entrance Ticket Details For Venaria Reale
- Last admission 1 hour before closing time.
- Other Ticket Prices: Discounted ticket prices include, EUR 15 for visitors over 65, other promotions, university students, members of the press, groups of at least 12 people, visitors with disabilities.
- EUR 15 for groups of min. 12 people.
- EUR 13 for children and teenagers aged 8-18 and schools.
- Free of charge for children up to 8 years, other promotions, persons accompanying visitors with disabilities, 2 school teachers every 15 students, journalists and professionals, holders of Abbonamento Musei and Torino Piemonte Card.
- Guided tours (Reggia and Castle of La Mandria) are available - reservation required for groups and schools (max 25 people) – EUR 170,00 (in addition to the regular ticket)
Venaria Reale Hours
- Last admission 1 hour before closing time.
How to Reach Venaria Reale
- Venaria lies approximately 10 kilometres from the centre of Turin (Italy) and can reached by:
- “Venaria Express” shuttle bus operated by GTT.
- Bus: Lines 11, 72 and VE1 from Turin.
- Dolce Stil Novo
- Passame Il Sale
- Il Convito della Venaria
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Turin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turin and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.55% of people who visit Turin include Venaria Reale in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
53.85% of people start their Venaria Reale visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Venaria Reale
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Venaria Reale