Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova, Turku
About Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova, Turku
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova, Turku - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Itainen Rantakatu 4-6, 20700 Turku, Finland
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Educational Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Housed in Rettig Palace, these museums were combined in 2004 and now are one of the top attractions in Turku and in the whole of Finland as well. Aboa Vetus is a museum below ground and has on display exhibitions that talk about the City in medieval times whereas Ars Nova focuses on modern art through pictures, sculptures and sometimes even moving images.
These unique museums both entertain and educate visitors at the same time.
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova Information
- Service dogs are allowed in the premises.
- Both the museums are wheelchair accessible, except for some part of Aboa Vetus Museum. Visitors are requested to notify the Museum staff in advance if possible so that arrangements can be made.
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova Ticket Prices
Guided Tours for Groups: Reservations required
- Finnish/Swedish: Weekdays 60 € / hour; Sundays 80 € / hour
- Other languages: Weekdays 70 € / hour; Sundays 90 € / hour
Other Ticket Prices:
- Children (7-15 Years of age) – 5.5 €
- Pensioners & Students - 7 €
- Groups (20+ people) - 6 €
- Family Ticket (1 to 2 Adults + Children under 15 years) - 22 €
- Free admission for every 20 year old on 1st April – on account of celebrations of Museum’s 20th anniversary.
- Ticket for guided tours is included in admission fee.
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum shop and cafe are open during Museum hours.
- On all other public holidays, Museum will remain open as per the normal hours, that is, from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Guided Tours: 1.5 Hours
Guided Tours Timings
- Finnish: June 1st to August 9th – 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM
- Rest of the Year – Saturday and Sunday – 11:30 AM
- Swedish: 29th June to 7th August – Monday, Wednesday & Friday – 1:30 PM
- English: 29th June to 23rd August – On all days of the week – 11:30 AM
- Russian: 30th June to 25th August – Tuesdays – 12:00 PM
How To reach Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop - Karen at Hameenkatu
Restaurants Near Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova
- Ravintola Smor
- Ravintola China Thai Oy
- Cafe Karen
- Turun Kirjakahvilla
- Olavin Krouvi Oy
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Turku before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turku and book an accommodation of your choice.
Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova, Turku Reviews - Write a Review
If you like history, it's a nice place to visit. Plenty of items and other cool things to look at. I'm a bit of history buff so I spent like 2 hours just reading the all the things and looking at all the things. I didn't even get to see all of it, because I had to leave early.
The archeological part of the museum is great and deserves five stars and a visit on its own. The modern art section, well, there's a Warhol.
Medieval museum was interesting. The current art exhibition wasn't too exciting, but at least there were a few nice architectural parts of the old building to see
Great brunch with smooth jazz playing in the background. The best part was definitely the dessert selection which included some of the M-bakery's great cakes
Amazing exhibitions. Most interesting exhibition of bones
- Nearby Attractions
- Oscars Place
- Hansa Shopping Centre
- Turun Kauppahalli
- Sokos Hotel
- Ege Kebab Pizzeria
- Uusi Apteekki
- Interpoint Hostel
- Cumulus Turku
- Restaurant Galax
- Turku Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Turku
- What to See in 48 Hours in Turku
- What to See in 72 Hours in Turku
- How to Spend 5 Days in Turku
- How to Spend 6 Days in Turku
- How to Spend 7 Days in Turku