How to Reach Turku
- By Air: All flights to Turku land at Turku Airport, 8 kilometres away from the City. From the airport, hop on to Bus Line 1 to get to City or alternatively, you can hire a cab.
- By Rail: Trains to and from Turku are well connected by VR, including day connections to Helsinki and Tampere and an overnight train to Rovaniemi.
- By Bus: ExpressBus and OnniBus are two major bus service providers in the City, connecting Turku to the neighbouring cities.
- By Boat: The Port of Turku connects City to Stockholm, Aland Islands, Naantali and Ruissalo Island.
- On Foot and By Bike: Most of the City can be explored on foot as most of the attractions are in close proximity. Alternatively, hire a bike and cycle around the City, exploring it at our own pace!
- By Ferry: Travel to nearby Islands on a ferry or enjoy a cruise along the Aura River.
- By Bus: City is well connected through its public transportation system and the buses can get you to almost anywhere in the City.
- By Cab: A bit expensive but your best bet if you have to travel farther or late at night!
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Turku. The most preferred mode of transport in Turku is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 10.64 km Average time: 27.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 44.44%Bus 22.75 min Walking 4.25 min Waiting 2.25 min Overall average time for 8.25 kms 29.25 min
Walking 11.11%Walking 35 min Overall average time for 3 kms 35 min
Bike 33.33%Bike 13 min Overall average time for 3.27 kms 13 min
Train/Metro 11.11%Train 30 min Walking 20 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 50 kms 55 min