Spend at least half a day exploring the only area in Turku that survived Great Fire in 1827 the greatest fire in Finland and in the whole of Scandinavia. Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum is an open air museum that consists of wooden houses and workshops. These buildings and blocks are still in their original locations and there is a market organized during summers where traders sell their products from the 18th Century wooden shops dressed in medieval costumes! Quite a sight!
The museum has been awarded “Golden Apple” by FIJET and is one of the most visited attractions and manages to pull huge crowds every year!
Entrance Ticket Details For Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum
- Other Ticket Prices: Children (7–15 years of age): 4 €
- Children (4–6 years of age): 1 €
- Children under 4 years: free admission
- Family Ticket: 13 €
- Guided Tours: 2.50 € + admission fee
Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum Hours
- Guided tours are available from June to August.
- 2nd Jan to 11th Jan – Tuesday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- 2nd to 31st May, 31st August to 20th September – Tuesday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Mondays closed)
- 1st June to 30th August – Monday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- 28th November to 6th January – Tuesday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- 18th June, 5th December and 23rd December – 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Museum will remain closed on – 31st December to 1st Jan, 12th January to 1st May (Open by separate arrangement), 14th May, 19th to 22nd June, 6th December and 24th to 25th December.
How to Reach Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum
- Nearest Bus Stop – Uudenmaantulli and Tuomiokirkkotori
- Peng-Zhao Oy
- Cafe Karina
- Ravpro Oy
- Mantun-Grilli Oy
- Olavin Krouvi Oy
- Kupittaan Kebab & Pizzeria
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Turku before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turku and book an accommodation of your choice.
50% of people who visit Turku include Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
83.08% of people start their Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum
77.19% of people prefer walking in order to reach Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum