Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum, Turku
About Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum, Turku
Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum, Turku - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Vartiovuorenkatu 2, 20101 Turku, Finland
Ticket Price: 6 EUR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.9K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts, Specialty Shop
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Spend at least half a day exploring the only area in Turku that survived Great Fire in 1827 the greatest fire in Finland and in the whole of Scandinavia. Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum is an open air museum that consists of wooden houses and workshops. These buildings and blocks are still in their original locations and there is a market organized during summers where traders sell their products from the 18th Century wooden shops dressed in medieval costumes! Quite a sight!
The museum has been awarded “Golden Apple” by FIJET and is one of the most visited attractions and manages to pull huge crowds every year!
Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum Ticket Prices
- Other Ticket Prices: Children (7–15 years of age): 4 €
- Children (4–6 years of age): 1 €
- Children under 4 years: free admission
- Family Ticket: 13 €
- Guided Tours: 2.50 € + admission fee
Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided tours are available from June to August.
- 2nd Jan to 11th Jan – Tuesday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- 2nd to 31st May, 31st August to 20th September – Tuesday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Mondays closed)
- 1st June to 30th August – Monday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- 28th November to 6th January – Tuesday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- 18th June, 5th December and 23rd December – 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Museum will remain closed on – 31st December to 1st Jan, 12th January to 1st May (Open by separate arrangement), 14th May, 19th to 22nd June, 6th December and 24th to 25th December.
How To reach Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop – Uudenmaantulli and Tuomiokirkkotori
Restaurants Near Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum
- Peng-Zhao Oy
- Cafe Karina
- Ravpro Oy
- Mantun-Grilli Oy
- Olavin Krouvi Oy
- Kupittaan Kebab & Pizzeria
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Turku before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turku and book an accommodation of your choice.
Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum, Turku Reviews - Write a Review
Lots of friendly, patient, easy-going staff telling and showing how many different items were made 100-200 years ago in Finland. You get a feeling they would be ready to talk with you all day (at least in Finnish language). Toilets were modern, 200 year old ones were not in use anymore. Mind your head, people and doorways were not as tall as they are now. Natural lighting makes it quite dark in some of the houses.
We spent the whole day here, family with children aged 13 and 10. Started with excellent English language 45 minute tour. The day we went there were handicraft activities, pottery etc for the children which kept us interested all afternoon. A relaxing, interesting, memorable day for all of us.
One of my favorite museums. I also recommend trying their lunch (12-14 at Kisälli Cafe outside the gate). There's only one option every day but I've always been happy to get a traditional Finnish home-cooked meal in a very peaceful cafe. It includes home-made bread and salad. If someone in your group doesn't like the main dish, you can always fill your stomach with pancake
I figured we'll just go check another museum. Well, this certainly wasn't just another museum: it is a cluster of historical buildings, several blocks. There's something to see for hours. And lots of guides waiting for you!
I really had fun here watching every one doing there handicrafts and seeing the old Finnish architecture. It was a blast to the past. However, there was a touring group in the first home we went in that plowed us down. No one was polite about it either or made an effort to let us through, so I was stuck in a corner for 10 minutes. I highly advise to avoid touring groups.I