Are you looking for what to do in Turku?
PLACES TO SEE
- Turku Castle: Found in 13th Century at a time when City was not even in place and was just one of the major trading squares. Turku Castle is one of the oldest building in Finland. Situated on the banks of Aura River, this medieval building has played many a roles – a guard, an affluent palace, seat of a Government, as a prison, a warehouse and as a barrack! The castle is now also a home to a museum that and has become one of the most visited by locals and a popular tourist destination in Turku among tourists.
- Turku Cathedral: Turku Cathedral is Finland’s national shrine and mother Church of Lutheran Church of Finland. Its religious and historical importance is such that every noon when the bells ring, they are broadcasted over the national radio! A must visit while in Turku!
- Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova: Housed in Rettig Palace, these museums were combined in 2004 and now are one of the top attractions in Turku and in the whole of Finland as well.
- Sibelius Museum: Only museum in Finland dedicated to Music and is named after Country’s most famous composer of all times – Jean Sibelius! Main exhibition speak volumes about the history and evolution of music and its varied instruments!
- The Archipelago Trail: One of the most popular cycling routes in Finland that takes you through various bridges and sea routes. This 250 kilometres of Archipelago route can be covered over a period of 4-5 days as you pass through various historic towns, ruins, museums, church, cafe, shops and many more attractions to be explored! If you short on time, there is a shorter route available that can be covered in a day.
- Uto: Once an important military base, this remote island near Turku is one of the most visited attractions and is a 6 hours journey away from Turku.
THINGS TO DO
- Shopping: Shop till you drop at Hansa Shopping Centre – over 100 shops or pay a visit to contemporary shopping centre like Skanssi Shopping Center, 20 minutes away from the City centre. And if you are an art lover, then Turku Treasure is the best place to check out galleries!
- Nightlife: Turku, although the oldest city is never lagging behind, and that stands true for the nightlife here as well! City has many options. Pay a visit to some of the best bars & pubs in town – Monkey, Klubi, Monk and Dynamo!
Below we have a list of things to do in Turku and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Turku getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Turku with confidence.