A museum whose building is a work of art in itself! Built in 1904, it was designed by Professor Gustaf Nystrom to be constructed in National Romantic style! Since the beginning, the Museum was focused on collecting art pieces made by the leading Finnish and international artists as well! Museum now has on display approximately 6000+ wonderful pieces of art.
Museum is also a proud owner of art works made during 19th and 20th Century the period recognized as “Golden Age of Finnish Art”. Museum also holds temporary exhibitions from time to time to allow artists to showcase their talent, especially in visual arts!
- Guided Tours will last 1 Hour. For reserving a guided group tour, call at +358 (0)2 2627 100.
Other Ticket Prices:
- Students, senior citizens & Unemployed: 5 €
- Group (10+ people): 5 € / person
- Visitors under 16 years of age FREE admission
- Free entrance on Fridays 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Guided Group Tours:
- Weekdays 55 euro (+admissions)
- Weekends 70 euro (+admissions)
- Schools 35 euro
- Preschools 17 euro
- Nearest Bus Stop: Sibeliuksenkatu and Turku linja-autosema
- Museum has an in-house Cafe – Cafe Victor
- Other Nearby Eateries: Enkeliravintola, Ravintola Masala, Ravintola Baan Thai, Ravintola Suomalainen Pohja, Kortteliravintola Kerttu, Turun Eliksiiri Ky, Ravintola Indima Oy
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Turku before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turku and book an accommodation of your choice.
80.94% of people who visit Turku include Turku Art Museum Or Turun Taidemuseo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
46.97% of people start their Turku Art Museum Or Turun Taidemuseo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Turku Art Museum Or Turun Taidemuseo
91.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Turku Art Museum Or Turun Taidemuseo
Fascinating museum with many paintings. They museum is located in Aurakatu in a beautiful public park. Finnish art is the main topic. Hi here you can appreciate the Nordic colour and light in many different point of view. The huge environment aloud you to admire the paintings from different views.
Excellent permanent exchibition, very well worth visiting even again just for it, but also, the changing exhibitions are varied but quality selections. Also worth noting is Cafe Victor, the terrace of which offers a unique view over Turku while enjoying a wide variety of beverages - always served with a friendly smile.
The building itself is beautiful. The park nearby allows you to have some leisure time. Also, you can sort of see the whole of Turku from here.
Good basic selection of paintings. Beautiful building
Very nice museum with a lovely café inside. The quiche and salad was delicious!