Found in 13th Century at a time when City was not even in place and was just one of the major trading squares. Turku Castle is one of the oldest building in Finland. Situated on the banks of Aura River, this medieval building has played many a roles – a guard, an affluent palace, seat of a Government, as a prison, a warehouse and as a barrack! The castle is now also a home to a museum that and has become one of the most visited by locals and a popular tourist destination among tourists.
Museum has on display an interesting exhibition, including furniture and medieval costumes that depicts Castle’s journey from its early days till today.
Pay a visit to the gift shop – Fatabur Museum shop – to buy gift and souvenirs for the loved ones and enjoy a delectable meal or a cup of coffee at their in house restaurant and cafe – Duke John’s Cellar.
Turku Castle Travel Tips
- Reservation for the restaurant can be made at +358 (0) 50 409 6663.
Entrance Ticket Details For Turku Castle
- Children (7–15 years): 5 €
- Children (4–6 years): 2 €
- Children under 4 years of age: FREE
- Family ticket: 20 €
Turku Castle Hours
- Admissions to the Castle will close 30 minutes prior to the closing time.
- Restaurant and Cafe Timings- Tuesday to Saturday – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, 2nd June to 31st August – Monday to Sunday – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
How to Reach Turku Castle
- Nearest Bus Stops – Turku satama laituri 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Castle has a restaurant and a cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Turku before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turku and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.96% of people who visit Turku include Turku Castle in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
88.51% of people start their Turku Castle visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Turku Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Turku Castle