Turku Main Library Or Turun KaupunginkirjastoCurrently Closed
- Address: Linnankatu 2, 20100 Turku, Finland
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +358-2330000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Family And Kids, Architecture , Neighborhoods
An archaeological marvel Turku Main Library is a combination of Old building and new building a beautiful fusion of old and modern architecture! New building makes use of modern day technology to make available printed and electronic versions of various books, magazines, periodicals and other collections at the Library. Arrangement of books and other forms of publication content wise and floor wise make it easier for the visitors to look for the material they need or would like to explore.
There is even a children’s zone where they can explore and read all they can from story books to comics or even do their homework in a modish library. Young adults can showcase their talent or socialize at Games club!
With many branches and a mobile library, Turku City Library reaches out to neighbourhoods. It also delivers books at the doorsteps to those who have subscribed for home delivery.
- If you are a book lover and a library visit puts a smile on your face, then we recommend that you set aside some more time to explore the Library and its fascinating features.
- There are no ticket prices. Only price you would pay is if you buy any book(s).
Saga and Story (Children & Youth)
- Monday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Saturday - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Sunday - 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Cafe Sirius Timings
- Monday to Friday – 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Sunday - 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Nearest Bus Stop: Brahenpiha
- Cafe Sirius: Library premises
- Other Nearby Eateries: Appelsiini Klubi Oy, Sub-Nella Oy, Ravintola Smor, Ravintola China Thai Oy, Fontana
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Turku before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Turku and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Turku include Turku Main Library Or Turun Kaupunginkirjasto in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
35.42% of people start their Turku Main Library Or Turun Kaupunginkirjasto visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Turku Main Library Or Turun Kaupunginkirjasto
76.34% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Turku Main Library Or Turun Kaupunginkirjasto
A beautiful mix of modern and old library. Great selection of books.
A mix of old and new in the city of Turku. Functional building with respect to the historical values of the building. A must visit - especially if you have kids who can enjoy the kids section inside. The older guys could enjoy the fine architecture.
The crown jewel of the Finnish library institution. The building includes the new area and the old, historical library building. Friendly staff, good services, awesome, vast collection of books, comics and music. Lots of interesting program items, author interviews and alike.
Great library. It s really comfortable to read some books near windows with a nice view. Lot s of books and a Sirius cafe where u can listen some instrumental music.
One of the most beautiful and comfortable libraries I've ever been in! Bean bags, chairs of all styles, eating zones and non-eating zones. You can find somewhere in here to suit everyone.