City Palace And City Palace Government Museum , Udaipur
About City Palace And City Palace Government Museum , Udaipur
City Palace And City Palace Government Museum , Udaipur - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Udaipur, RJ 313001
Ticket Price: 30 INR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 72.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The city palace is a beautiful construction from the era of the royals in Rajasthan. Sitting amongst the several palaces that have been built around Lake Pichola, this one is a gorgeous sight to see.
This palace might be one of the largest of its kind with intricately carved archways and delicate architecture. The influence of both Mughal as well as Rajasthani styles is quite apparent. It was built by the rulers of the Mewar kingdom. The Badi Mahal is especially stunning. Not only is the architecture quite beautiful, it also holds a pond of sorts within it. The Mor chowk has pretty stained glass work done in peacock motifs. The City palace is certainly a treat for the eyes. It is a surreal experience to walk the corridors and get an idea of what majesty the Rajasthani royals lived in.
If you have the time, you can also view all the surrounding palaces that are built in similar styles but with different elements. You could easily spend an entire day exploring this beautiful area. Be sure to try and find out more about the many tales and stories associated with the royals from locals or guides. There are a few ghost stories too.
City Palace Government Museum is basically a large chunk of the main city palace that has been the pride of Udaipur for centuries now. The part that is open and has been converted into the City Palace Museum is full of beautiful rooms, adorned with mirrors and royal tiles that will take you back into history in no time. This palace was built after Amar Singh I was born. It took almost 400 years to be completed and the intricate details will show you why.
Check out what are the other must visit places in Udaipur with a well planned 2 days trip to Udaipur
City Palace And City Palace Government Museum Information
- Commercial and professional photographers require prior permission.
- You can also hire one of the registered guides for tours with the museum – available in English, French, German, Spanish, Hindi and Gujarati languages.
City Palace And City Palace Government Museum Ticket Prices
City palace entrance to the permitted areas:
- For adults: 30INR
- Children(5-18years): 15INR
- Boat ride: 400 INR (adult), 200INR (children of 5 -12 years)
Ticket price of City Palace Udaipur:
- 250 for the museum tour with a guide. Adult/child Rs.115/55, camera or video Rs.225, ticket plus audio guide Rs.225.
City Palace And City Palace Government Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last ticket sold at 4:30pm.
- Evening activities (The Mewar Sound and Light Show):7pm – 8pm
- English Language: October - March (All Week), Hindi Language: May - August (All Week)
- English Language - April: 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Palki Khana Restaurant: 9am - 6pm
- Boat ride: 10am – 2pm (Winter) and 10am – 3pm (Summer)
- City Palace Museum: The museum opens at 9:00 am and the last ticket is sold at 4:30 pm. The museum closes at 5:30 pm.
- The museum is open Sundays and all public holidays, except on the day after Holika Dahan in March.
- For other ticket details, visit the official website
How To reach City Palace And City Palace Government Museum by Public Transport
- By unmetered taxis, rickshaws, tongas, city bus from the city.
Restaurants Near City Palace And City Palace Government Museum
- Aashiya Haveli
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Udaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
City Palace And City Palace Government Museum , Udaipur Reviews - Write a Review
It is a very historical and beautiful place. Well developed for tourists to know how people lived, fought and survived. Great place to interact and live your ancient history. Gives you many examples of ancient meticulous creativity and art in every aspect of life they lived.
a week ago This palace is extremely beautiful and it has a lot of rich heritage.Also, this place have a great architecture and design. I'm an art loving person myself, so I really appreciate what they have done with the place. Worth every penny and if you are a student then please carry an ID card with you as it could come in handy.
This palace is extremely beautiful and it has a lot of rich heritage.Also, this place have a great architecture and design. I'm an art loving person myself, so I really appreciate what they have done with the place. Worth every penny and if you are a student then please carry an ID card with you as it could come in handy.
Its a mixed feeling to be honest. The place is just huge and completing the museum tour requires energy and time. All in all it's definitely nothing compared to the other big forts specially given the entry fees one has to incur. But it is also something one shouldn't miss.
As Grand as a palace can get. Its massive. And takes a good few hours to explore it. Really Recommend hiring a guide to enhance your experience !!
- Nearby Attractions
- Padmavati Arts And Handicrafts
- Govardhan Sagar Lake
- Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa
- Savage Garden
- Ambrai Ghat
- Karni Mata Temple
- Karni Mata Rope Way
- Bada Bazar
- Dudh Talai
- Udaipur Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Udaipur
- What to See in 48 Hours in Udaipur
- What to See in 72 Hours in Udaipur
- How to Spend 5 Days in Udaipur
- How to Spend 6 Days in Udaipur
- How to Spend 7 Days in Udaipur