Eklingji TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Eklingji Temple, Siyol, Rajasthan 313202, India, Udaipur
- Timings: 04:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
A palace complex made up of 108 temples, Eklingji temple has an extremely close association with the royal history of Mewar as well as Rajasthan. The temple has a beautiful marble structure and is made by the Maharanas of Rajasthan in the past. Today also, the poojas at the temple are done in the name of Maharanas and on every Monday, the Maharana of Udaipur visits to pay his respect. Built in 734 A.D by Bappa Rawal, the rulers of Mewar have observed Eklingji as their prime deity. You can also visit the closely situated Nagdi, which is now in ruins but still has hints of the royal kingdom of Mewar. Even though entering the temple and attending the aarti by themselves are really grand, the carvings outside are a completely different treat to watch. Most of the sculptures are about Kamasutra, but it highly reflects on the love for artistic nature that the rulers held in the past.
Check out what are the other must visit places in Udaipur with a well planned Udaipur itinerary of 2 days.
- The crowd at the Gate can really get to your head. Go well in advance if you are on a tight schedule.
- The exact opening and closing times of the temple are not known, but the last aarti takes place at 7:45 pm.
- No gifts or monetary help can be accepted there, However, if any devotee out of his emotional sentiments wants to give a donation, it is dropped in to the safe maintained by Mewar Shiva Shakti Peetha.
- Eklingji daily: 4:15-6:45am, 10:30am-1:30pm, and 5:15-7:45pm
- Prayer times: 15-min. Aartis are performed at 5:30am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, and 6:30pm; a 45-min. Aarti is performed at 11:30am.
- Located at a distance of 22 kilometres to the North of Udaipur. A taxi or a local bus can be hired.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Udaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.51% of people who visit Udaipur include Eklingji Temple in their plan
04 AM - 05 AM
83.87% of people start their Eklingji Temple visit around 04 AM - 05 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eklingji Temple
79.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eklingji Temple
Very old beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Temple also provides offerings to many other deities.. peaceful environment! well maintained and organized. No bags allowed. Mobile phones to be switched off inside the temple.
Thousand of year old temple devoted to Lord Shiva and one can join the morning and evening prayers, while being on that place you can have that divine energy felt too. Yes you need to follow the timings for visit there are many more monuments in the same vicinity and many of them are under repair so presently you may not get chance to visit but the temple's of other God and goddess are open so you can take their blessings
It's a temple. Far from Udaipur city . Way to the temple from Udaipur has good highway and u will pleasant driving to go there. But there are timings to visit there , it won't remain open all day long.
Very old and well maintained temple you can feel very peaceful and divine place, camera and mobile not allowed. You can found locker facility to keep your mobile and camera and other belongings just put by your self and lock it and keep key with you. Temple is situated between Udaipur and Shrinathji. Temple timings are available on Google so plan your visit accordingly.
Nice temple owned by Udaipur his highness. The route to Eklingji temple is scenic. You can have mouthwatering mirchibada(chilies fritters) and groundnut.