Eklingji TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Eklingji Temple, Siyol, Rajasthan 313202, India, Udaipur
- Timings: 04:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
A palace complex made up of 108 temples, Eklingji temple has an extremely close association with the royal history of Mewar as well as Rajasthan. The temple has a beautiful marble structure and is made by the Maharanas of Rajasthan in the past. Today also, the poojas at the temple are done in the name of Maharanas and on every Monday, the Maharana of Udaipur visits to pay his respect. Built in 734 A.D by Bappa Rawal, the rulers of Mewar have observed Eklingji as their prime deity. You can also visit the closely situated Nagdi, which is now in ruins but still has hints of the royal kingdom of Mewar. Even though entering the temple and attending the aarti by themselves are really grand, the carvings outside are a completely different treat to watch. Most of the sculptures are about Kamasutra, but it highly reflects on the love for artistic nature that the rulers held in the past.
Check out what are the other must visit places in Udaipur with a well planned Udaipur itinerary of 2 days.
- The crowd at the Gate can really get to your head. Go well in advance if you are on a tight schedule.
- The exact opening and closing times of the temple are not known, but the last aarti takes place at 7:45 pm.
- No gifts or monetary help can be accepted there, However, if any devotee out of his emotional sentiments wants to give a donation, it is dropped in to the safe maintained by Mewar Shiva Shakti Peetha.
- Eklingji daily: 4:15-6:45am, 10:30am-1:30pm, and 5:15-7:45pm
- Prayer times: 15-min. Aartis are performed at 5:30am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, and 6:30pm; a 45-min. Aarti is performed at 11:30am.
- Located at a distance of 22 kilometres to the North of Udaipur. A taxi or a local bus can be hired.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Udaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.52% of people who visit Udaipur include Eklingji Temple in their plan
04 AM - 05 AM
83.87% of people start their Eklingji Temple visit around 04 AM - 05 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eklingji Temple
79.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eklingji Temple
It is a historic temple. It is not Aloud to capture the photo here. The video can not be created and the camera is not Aloud. Your bag is stored in the start. Very beautiful temple. Within it there are 108 temples inside a temple.
The place is nice.environment around area is pleasant.very nice experience. Temple is quite old but in good condition. Part of temple was closed for renovation purpose when I visited. One of the watchable place if you are an aethist. Place gives a calm and peacefully feeling.beside this there are many other things in nearby place that one should pay a visit to. Overall experience was very good and nice. One should go to this place and feel the holy depth of place by themselves.peace✌️.
Beauty this place. The only regret that I couldn't click any pictures inside the temple as it's not allowed. But the structures inside are beautiful.
U can find peace of mind here. And mirchibada in outside market is just awesome.
Mandir mein Mandir, inception of mandir