Eklingji Temple689 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Eklingji Temple, Siyol, Rajasthan 313202, India, Udaipur
- Timings: 04:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
A palace complex made up of 108 temples, Eklingji temple has an extremely close association with the royal history of Mewar as well as Rajasthan. The temple has a beautiful marble structure and is made by the Maharanas of Rajasthan in the past. Today also, the poojas at the temple are done in the name of Maharanas and on every Monday, the Maharana of Udaipur visits to pay his respect. Built in 734 A.D by Bappa Rawal, the rulers of Mewar have observed Eklingji as their prime deity. You can also visit the closely situated Nagdi, which is now in ruins but still has hints of the royal kingdom of Mewar. Even though entering the temple and attending the aarti by themselves are really grand, the carvings outside are a completely different treat to watch. Most of the sculptures are about Kamasutra, but it highly reflects on the love for artistic nature that the rulers held in the past.
Check out what are the other must visit places in Udaipur with a well planned Udaipur itinerary of 2 days.
Eklingji Temple Travel Tips
- The crowd at the Gate can really get to your head. Go well in advance if you are on a tight schedule.
- The exact opening and closing times of the temple are not known, but the last aarti takes place at 7:45 pm.
Entrance Ticket Details For Eklingji Temple
- No gifts or monetary help can be accepted there, However, if any devotee out of his emotional sentiments wants to give a donation, it is dropped in to the safe maintained by Mewar Shiva Shakti Peetha.
Eklingji Temple Hours
- Eklingji daily: 4:15-6:45am, 10:30am-1:30pm, and 5:15-7:45pm
- Prayer times: 15-min. Aartis are performed at 5:30am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, and 6:30pm; a 45-min. Aarti is performed at 11:30am.
How to Reach Eklingji Temple
- Located at a distance of 22 kilometres to the North of Udaipur. A taxi or a local bus can be hired.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Udaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.08% of people who visit Udaipur include Eklingji Temple in their plan
04 AM - 05 AM
83.87% of people start their Eklingji Temple visit around 04 AM - 05 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eklingji Temple
79.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eklingji Temple