Eklingji Temple, Udaipur
Eklingji Temple - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Eklingji Temple, Siyol, Rajasthan 313202, India, Udaipur
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 04:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 8K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Use this holiday trip planner for an ideal vacation
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Eklingji Temple, Udaipur
A palace complex made up of 108 temples, Eklingji temple has an extremely close association with the royal history of Mewar as well as Rajasthan. The temple has a beautiful marble structure and is made by the Maharanas of Rajasthan in the past. Today also, the poojas at the temple are done in the name of Maharanas and on every Monday, the Maharana of Udaipur visits to pay his respect. Built in 734 A.D by Bappa Rawal, the rulers of Mewar have observed Eklingji as their prime deity. You can also visit the closely situated Nagdi, which is now in ruins but still has hints of the royal kingdom of Mewar. Even though entering the temple and attending the aarti by themselves are really grand, the carvings outside are a completely different treat to watch. Most of the sculptures are about Kamasutra, but it highly reflects on the love for artistic nature that the rulers held in the past.
Check out what are the other must visit places in Udaipur with a well planned Udaipur itinerary of 2 days.
Eklingji Temple Information
- The crowd at the Gate can really get to your head. Go well in advance if you are on a tight schedule.
- The exact opening and closing times of the temple are not known, but the last aarti takes place at 7:45 pm.
Eklingji Temple Ticket Prices
- No gifts or monetary help can be accepted there, However, if any devotee out of his emotional sentiments wants to give a donation, it is dropped in to the safe maintained by Mewar Shiva Shakti Peetha.
Eklingji Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Eklingji daily: 4:15-6:45am, 10:30am-1:30pm, and 5:15-7:45pm
- Prayer times: 15-min. Aartis are performed at 5:30am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, and 6:30pm; a 45-min. Aarti is performed at 11:30am.
How To reach Eklingji Temple by Public Transport
- Located at a distance of 22 kilometres to the North of Udaipur. A taxi or a local bus can be hired.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Udaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Eklingji Temple, Udaipur Reviews
Very old temple beautiful carving, sculpturing on walls. Private property so limited conservation activity is carried. Rare piece of rajuput history. One need to see timing before visiting. Easy accessible but far from Udaipur city. Photography not allowed.
मेवाड़ के एवम मेवाड़ राज परिवार के आराध्य देव *एकलिंग जी* दर्शन एवम ताल भ्रमण के लिए सुंदर स्थल आधे दिन का टूर बनावे। No good facility of Lunch and dinner. 20 km from udaipur city. Express way available for 15 km. Rest is 2 Lane road. Popular in Gujarati and Maharastra tourist.
Eklingji- the ruling deity of Mewar. There are several big and small templates. Peaceful environment. Spiritual vibes. Awesome place. A must visit.
Divine place of lord Shiva. One will lost in the serenity and calmness of this temple
It's a very ancient shiv temple. Very beautiful sculptures.A must visit but timing must be taken care.