Eklingji Temple, Udaipur
About Eklingji Temple, Udaipur
Eklingji Temple, Udaipur - Address
Address: Eklingji Temple, Siyol, Rajasthan 313202, India
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 04:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 8K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A palace complex made up of 108 temples, Eklingji temple has an extremely close association with the royal history of Mewar as well as Rajasthan. The temple has a beautiful marble structure and is made by the Maharanas of Rajasthan in the past. Today also, the poojas at the temple are done in the name of Maharanas and on every Monday, the Maharana of Udaipur visits to pay his respect. Built in 734 A.D by Bappa Rawal, the rulers of Mewar have observed Eklingji as their prime deity. You can also visit the closely situated Nagdi, which is now in ruins but still has hints of the royal kingdom of Mewar. Even though entering the temple and attending the aarti by themselves are really grand, the carvings outside are a completely different treat to watch. Most of the sculptures are about Kamasutra, but it highly reflects on the love for artistic nature that the rulers held in the past.
Check out what are the other must visit places in Udaipur with a well planned 2 days trip to Udaipur
Eklingji Temple Information
- The crowd at the Gate can really get to your head. Go well in advance if you are on a tight schedule.
- The exact opening and closing times of the temple are not known, but the last aarti takes place at 7:45 pm.
Eklingji Temple Ticket Prices
- No gifts or monetary help can be accepted there, However, if any devotee out of his emotional sentiments wants to give a donation, it is dropped in to the safe maintained by Mewar Shiva Shakti Peetha.
Eklingji Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Eklingji daily: 4:15-6:45am, 10:30am-1:30pm, and 5:15-7:45pm
- Prayer times: 15-min. Aartis are performed at 5:30am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, and 6:30pm; a 45-min. Aarti is performed at 11:30am.
How To reach Eklingji Temple by Public Transport
- Located at a distance of 22 kilometres to the North of Udaipur. A taxi or a local bus can be hired.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Udaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Eklingji Temple, Udaipur Reviews - Write a Review
People who love historic places especially old temples with rustic old carvings will cherish every moment here. And all others who dont love historic places will also love this place for its nostalgic appearance. Because very few in their lives see such group of old temples. Historic and Superb.
Very sacred place. Opens strictly according to timings mentioned
Only one place where you can feel peace of mind and heart.
Historical place Amazing Art clupture on Stone Very ancient temple If you interested in History you must visit this place And foody person can eat unique taste of MirchiVada The shivling is four mukhi shivling At the time of moghal attacks this temple was also Target but From the Shiv's Bull Honey bee 🐝 🐝 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 Come out and Moghal's can't able to break temple.. This is a one so called story related this historical temple Om Namah Shivay Beside this temple you can enjoy a large view of ancient Lake Most of the travel don't know about this but I suggest that you must go there it have amazing view Again *OM NAMAH SHIVAYA*
Great temple of the Lord shiva. Pleasant atmosphere
- Nearby Attractions
- Kumbhalgarh Fort
- Eklingji & Nagda Temples
- The Leela Palace Udaipur
- Udai Garh Hotel
- Hotel Badi Haveli
- Club Mahindra Udaipur
- Hotel Lake Paradise & Restaurant Udaipur
- Charcoal By Carlsson
- Panna Vilas Restaurant
- Jagat Niwas Palace Hotel
- Udaipur Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Udaipur
- What to See in 48 Hours in Udaipur
- What to See in 72 Hours in Udaipur
- How to Spend 5 Days in Udaipur
- How to Spend 6 Days in Udaipur
- How to Spend 7 Days in Udaipur