Eklingji TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Eklingji Temple, Siyol, Rajasthan 313202, India, Udaipur
- Timings: 04:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Eklingji Temple - Review
A palace complex made up of 108 temples, Eklingji temple has an extremely close association with the royal history of Mewar as well as Rajasthan. The temple has a beautiful marble structure and is made by the Maharanas of Rajasthan in the past. Today also, the poojas at the temple are done in the name of Maharanas and on every Monday, the Maharana of Udaipur visits to pay his respect. Built in 734 A.D by Bappa Rawal, the rulers of Mewar have observed Eklingji as their prime deity. You can also visit the closely situated Nagdi, which is now in ruins but still has hints of the royal kingdom of Mewar. Even though entering the temple and attending the aarti by themselves are really grand, the carvings outside are a completely different treat to watch. Most of the sculptures are about Kamasutra, but it highly reflects on the love for artistic nature that the rulers held in the past.
Check out what are the other must visit places in Udaipur with a well planned Udaipur itinerary of 2 days.
Eklingji Temple Information
- The crowd at the Gate can really get to your head. Go well in advance if you are on a tight schedule.
- The exact opening and closing times of the temple are not known, but the last aarti takes place at 7:45 pm.
Eklingji Temple Ticket Prices
- No gifts or monetary help can be accepted there, However, if any devotee out of his emotional sentiments wants to give a donation, it is dropped in to the safe maintained by Mewar Shiva Shakti Peetha.
Eklingji Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Eklingji daily: 4:15-6:45am, 10:30am-1:30pm, and 5:15-7:45pm
- Prayer times: 15-min. Aartis are performed at 5:30am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, and 6:30pm; a 45-min. Aarti is performed at 11:30am.
How To reach Eklingji Temple by Public Transport
- Located at a distance of 22 kilometres to the North of Udaipur. A taxi or a local bus can be hired.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Udaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Udaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Eklingji Temple
31.76% of people who visit Udaipur include Eklingji Temple in their plan
04 AM - 05 AM
81.43% of people start their Eklingji Temple visit around 04 AM - 05 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eklingji Temple
79.54% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eklingji Temple
Eklingji Temple Map
Eklingji Temple Trips
Eklingji Temple, Udaipur Reviews
Best spots I have been in life. Small village with the best simple life and beautiful architecture of the temple. Well maintained and full of positive vibes. Make sure to visit if near Udaipur.
Built by and attended to by Rajas of the region. Very historical and was very good to see. Queues will be there as there is periodical darshan timings. Temple is huge on the inside and some portions we're closed when we visited for restoration. It took around 1-2 hours for darshan.
According to the 15th century text Ekalinga Mahatmya, the original temple at Eklingji was constructed by the 8th century ruler Bappa Rawal. The original temple and murti (idol) were destroyed during invasions by the Delhi Sultanate rulers. The earliest extent murti was installed by Hamir Singh(14th century), who also carried out extensive renovations to the main temple. Rana Kumbha (15th century) rebuilt the temple, in addition to constructing a Vishnu temple. His 1460 inscription describes him as "the personal servant of Eklinga"
Eklingji is a Hindu temple complex in Udaipur District of Rajasthan in western India. Eklingji is believed to be the ruling deity of Mewar Princely State and the Ruler Maharana rules as his Dewan.
Place of faith. Har Har Mahadev 💐
All QuestionsEklingji temple
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal