How to Reach Udaipur
- By Air: Flights to Udaipur land at the Maharana Pratap Airport (also known as Dabok Airport). Domestic flights to the city from all major cities are available. Be sure to book flights in advance during winter which is the peak tourist season. Also, the airport is at a distance of 22km from the city so appropriate transport will have to be arranged. There is a prepaid taxi booth at the airport from where you can book a taxi to travel to the city.
- By Train: You can reach Udaipur Station via train. Trains from major cities like Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Agra, Mumbai and Delhi are easily available to Udaipur railway station. Be sure to book tickets in advance though. Trains are the cheapest and hence most lucrative form of transport. As a result, tickets are always reserved and it might be difficult to get one. You can also opt for one of the luxury trains which travel to Jaipur and similar places that give you the royal experience.
- By Car: Most cities in India are well-connected to Udaipur by road. Being a part of the golden quadrilateral route, road travel to Udaipur is a breeze from Major cities. Roads to Udaipur from the important cities like Mumbai and Delhi are good.
- By Bus: Udaipur is well connected by bus to many cities in the state of Rajasthan. It is also connected to distant cities like Delhi and Mumbai via bus.
- By Car: The Best way to get around the place is to book a hired car. Car rental in Udaipur is easy to find and available at the airport as well as the hotels.
- By Tuk tuk: Autorickshaws/ tuk tuks are a cheap mode of public transportation available in the city.
- On Foot: The beautiful alleys and streets of Udaipur can be covered on foot easily.
- By Taxi: Taxis are present within the city. However, they prove to be expensive.