Are you looking for what to do in Udaipur?
THINGS TO SEE
Following are some places to visit in Udaipur
- Lake Pichola: The lake is a real treat due to the amazing buildings that dot its bank. The four islands within the lake house heritage hotels and temples. The City Palace, the Jag Niwas (which has been turned into a Hotel) and the Gangaur Festival which is celebrated on its banks is just one of the many things that make tourists flock towards this serene spot.
- City Palace: City Palace might be one of the largest of its kind with intricately carved archways and delicate architecture. The influence of both Mughal as well as Rajasthani styles is quite apparent. It is a grand site to visit in Udaipur.
- Gulabh Bagh:The Gulab Bagh is one of the underrated tourist attractions in Udaipur. This beautiful garden, Gulabh Bagh has a name that literally means garden of roses. There is a wide variety of flora in this garden and a walk in this park is sure to be a peaceful and calming experience unlike another.
- Bagore ki Haveli: Bagore ki Haveli is one of the many stunning tourist places in Udaipur. Located amongst other Palaces on the bank of Lake Pichola it is probably slightly subtler on the outside than most other Udaipur Palaces. But the interiors are simply breathtaking.
- Jag Mandir: An architectural marvel, the Jag Mandir is a three story structure and includes several palaces within it. The premises also has a beautiful courtyard and garden as well as a stunning main facade.
- Fateh Sagar Lake: A perfect place to head over for a family picnic, the lake is home to an island park and a zoo.
- Bagore Ki Haveli: One of the prominent palaces of Udaipur. The hundred odd rooms of Bagore Ki Haveli hold a very rich collection of artifacts from the time of the royals.
- Gulab Bagh: Literally translating to 'garden of roses', the Gulab Bagh is home to a variety of remarkable flowering plants.
- Jagadish Temple: Situated within the City Palace complex, the Jagadish Temple is a Hindu place of worship. The interiors of the temple are striking- with beautiful carvings and paintings of animals, birds, people and deities elaborately done all over the temple walls.
Below we have a list of things to do in Udaipur and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Udaipur getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Udaipur with confidence.